icon

fixing blown subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lolzitsmtss 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2004 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  

I just got 2 L7's (10's) 2004 model and i hooked them up to a 1200.1 kicker amp like the specs said for me to do. 3 months later one of my L7's have blown? So i was like what they so i open up the box and looked at the sub and the paper level underneath it (yellow) has a few wholes and a few rips and tears. now my question is how do i fix it? is it worth fixing. I went back to where i got it and they said i would have to contact kicker that since it  wasn't there box that I can't have them responsible for it which i think is bullsh*t. If there is anyone in NYC (5 boroughs and LI) that knows where i can get this fixed please tell me.

Thanx

P.s its a custom ported box

I guess that guy has subs.
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 31, 2004 at 5:16 PM / IP Logged  
there really is no proper accomodation for reconing car subs..... i have reconed lots of pro MI drivers but not for car, i would recommend you just suck it up and replace it.......
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
DjRDifacs 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2004 at 12:10 AM / IP Logged  
where did you purchase the subs from? they should be backed up with a warranty. if not then sorry to say you're sh** outta luck, bro. fixing blown subs -- posted image. (didn't mean that in a harsh way) there really is no way to repair drivers, main reason why is because they're perfect firing alignment. if you are able to fix it, the coil might not move in and out perfectly, which will cause an anoying sound, and of course will brake again, if not permaently. i recommend to purchase subs from legit sellers that offer warranty replacements, "free of charge". while back i purchased a pair of earthquake tremors, (which was used for testing different enclosures and alignments) and blew 'em a couple of times. i went back to the place where i purchased them, and just replaced them. literally walked in and walked out (chatted for a good hour one time). thats the only place i shop at till this day. try to find a local dealer that offers a good warranty, and have a good relationship with them. car audio is expensive, and sh*t will always happen, your fault or not. its always good to have no worries when it does.
Russ
EarthquakeSound.com
3 tremorXR 10" *woundn't rock anything else*

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic