icon

Right Side Speaker Problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dustinova 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2004 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged  
I just installed a JVC G-400 Head Unit in my girlfriend's 99 Chevy Cavalier.  It worked perfectly for the first couple of days, but it started doing something strange.  When listening to the radio, it works fine, but when listening to a CD, the speakers on the right hand side sound blown.  The front one is very muffled and you can barely hear anything coming out of it, and on the right one you can't hear barely anything at all.  It doesn't seem like it should be blown speakers, because why would only those 2 blow, and why would they sound normal when listening to the radio?  They're stock GM speakers (4x6 front, 6x9 rear).  Could it be a wiring issue?  I used a harness adapter that had been used on this car before with her previous stereo, and it worked fine.  Could a pinched wire somewhere cause this?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
delphidoc 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2004 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  
I don't see how it can be anything other than a faulty HU. The speakers sound good while the radio's playing? Same speakers and same speaker wires while playing CDs. Time for a new HU.
dustinova 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2004 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  
Really?  It's a brand new unit, and I've never had any trouble with JVC before.  I'm going to take it out, and triple check the wiring to make sure that everything looks ok.
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 31, 2004 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  
as delphidoc stated... the wiring is the same... and the wiring doesn't differentiate whether you are playing radio or tape or CD..... you have a problem in your head unit if it plays fine on one source but not on another.....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
dustinova 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2004 at 5:16 PM / IP Logged  
Well, that sucks.  Thanks a lot for the help guys!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic