the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Inverted sub enclosure pics inside

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Sebastian018 
Silver - Posts: 364
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2004 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  
yes i missed that part, everything looking good, keep it the good job
beady 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2004 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  

Did a bit more work on the enclosure.  Added velcro tabs so I could pull the carpet taught and have it stay where I want it, and fabbed some brackets from aluminum angle to mount my T-top straps to.  The straps are mounted just like they are on the stock floor, that way I can still stow my T-tops just like stock.

Inverted sub enclosure pics inside - Page 2 -- posted image.

MBZ oe 
Silver - Posts: 385
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2004 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  
Man, you did too nice of a job to do this part half-assed. Just pull the carpet and make a shelf/ step to cover each, and re-carpet. Thats the only way I can see it looking right. Anything sticking up that doesn't look like a floor is suspect. No What I Mean, Verne?
boom, boom, boom boom....
beady 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2004 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  

MBZ oe wrote:
Man, you did too nice of a job to do this part half-assed. Just pull the carpet and make a shelf/ step to cover each, and re-carpet. Thats the only way I can see it looking right. Anything sticking up that doesn't look like a floor is suspect. No What I Mean, Verne?

Yeah......  I could just make something with a side and a top and leave the back side (facing the corners of the car) open.  also, I could stop the top panel short of the outside wall of the trunk by an inch to let the sound out.

I'm pretty sure I'd need to be able to remove the "shelves" to get the box in and out of the car. (remember, one of my "must haves" is to be able to pull the box up on the side of the road without tools to get to my jack/spare)  How could I go about making the "shelves" removeable and still have the carpeting look good?  I think I'd have to cover them separately from the rest of the enclosure.  Some good velcro might be all I need to keep them in place.....

I've built enclosures before, but none were as involved as this one, and I never took the time to carpet them well and really make them look nice, so these cosmetic details are new ground to me.

Mike

MBZ oe 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2004 at 3:04 AM / IP Logged  
That sounds like a good idea since they need to be removeable. If you want to secure them, one neat way would be to mount a couple small L brackets  that match up with inside of box/shelf/cover which would have a tinnemen nut (those clip on nuts) and small black nobs with threaded stud(available at hardware store) to attatch/ quick release them. But are you sure you can't  make them clear everything and permanently attatch them?
tbirdman74 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2004 at 5:46 AM / IP Logged  

beady that is a sweet stealth install.  One helluva lot more stealth than the invert i did last week

Keep up the nice work.

If it don't fit, Force it.
If it breaks, You needed a new one anyway!
chevyman26 
Copper - Posts: 227
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2004 at 8:11 AM / IP Logged  
Another way to secure carpeting (if you want it permanent) is with spray glue. What I usually use is 3M Super 77. You can get it any hardware store, Menards, Home Depot, etc., or any crafts store.
You'd better get me out of this lord... or else you'll have me to deal with. -- Hunter S. Thompson "F.A.L.I.L.V."
chevyman26 
Copper - Posts: 227
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2004 at 8:13 AM / IP Logged  
Oh yeah, BTW, super nice install. Cleaner than anything I have ever done.
stratusfear69 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2004 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah, it looks clean, but nobody mentioned the fact that u only have 1/2" of clearance in front of the woofer.  You're killing you're bass output.  And the fact that you've covered the rear of the cone is bad too, since u're killing the rear wave.  It would have sounded a lot better if you gave it some more room in front of the face.  Turn the system on, and lift the back of the board up some and see the difference.
MBZ oe 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2004 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged  
How does it sound? Are you satisfied with the Bass output?
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic