icon

amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jonathangauci 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2004 at 11:34 AM / IP Logged  

when you have an amplifier ezzample 1500 watts max what do you need to put out the max  a good sterio or you want boosters   sorry for my english pls give me help

stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 06, 2004 at 4:37 PM / IP Logged  

The problem you have is not English...it's believing that "max watts" actually means something.  I'll let you in on something here----it doesn't.  If you want the maximum an amplifier will produce:  look at its RMS rating at the lowest ohm load, usually its 2 ohm but read the manual carefully.   Buy subwoofers that will wire to that RMS rating and connect them to the amplifier.  Set the gain properly. 

Other than subwoofers, if you are dealing with the interior speakers, you should never try to max out the amp.  Use the 4 ohm rating.

There, now, you have it.

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
jonathangauci 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2004 at 6:22 AM / IP Logged  
ok thanks
|d|b| 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2004 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged  
Hi, I would like to know if it's better to take one big amps or two amps to run my two american pro 12 inches 1000 watts peak subwoofer??
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 07, 2004 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  
You need one big Legacy amp for those bad boyz.  Make sure you invert the subs so you don't hide all that sparkling CHROME on them...
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2004 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  
That was kinda mean, but really funny. To answer the question above about the american pro subs, if those subs are single voice coil then just use one amp, and I am sure that if the amp is about 6oo watts RMS at 2 ohms than that will be suffiecnt to power those subs since there is no way on this earth that those will handle a legit 1000 a peice. If they are dual voice coil then I would probally look at 2 amps unless the subs are going to be in a common chamber box. Also for future referance a question like yours should have been posted in the main forum and not in someone elses thread
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Chad7n7 
Silver - Posts: 408
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2004 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged  
I think you got it backwards Ravendarat, If they are single coil, then I would either consider two amplifiers, or at the least a four channel, If they are dual voice coil then one 2 ohm stable amplifier should be sufficient.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic