icon

2 Questions on '01 Tiburon

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nihildark 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2004 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged  
I've got a 2001 Hyundai Tiburon and I am goind to install a car alarm and under-car lighting.  My first question is where can I find information on wether my car has reverse polarity door locks or not.  My second question is where can I find a place to buy replacement switches to put in place of these fake switches for my under-car lighting.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, I've never worked on a car newer than '70s MOPARs.  Thanks.
Asmodeus 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2004 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  

Not sure about the Door locks..Maybe try going to An auto parts house...Advanced NAPA autozone...and seeing if they have any liturature on that car...Or look on the internet about a tech forum for that car...

As far as the switches go..Call some junk yards and see if they have a Wrecked Tiburon with that switch in it..Or try going to a Hyundai dealer and see if they can order that part for you...(Would probally be expensive)...

Good luck

2 Questions on '01 Tiburon -- posted image.
Making the World A Louder Place
kkeeni 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2004 at 12:46 AM / IP Logged  
to add keyless entry on this car you have to add an accuator in the door, so use a relay ,trigger being what ever your alarm outputs + or - .
javageek 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2004 at 8:53 AM / IP Logged  

nihildark wrote:
I've got a 2001 Hyundai Tiburon and I am goind to install a car alarm and under-car lighting.  My first question is where can I find information on wether my car has reverse polarity door locks or not.  My second question is where can I find a place to buy replacement switches to put in place of these fake switches for my under-car lighting.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, I've never worked on a car newer than '70s MOPARs.  Thanks.

Check out my site, www.rdtiburon.com for vehicle specific information. For your replacement switches contact David at www.kspec.com. He owns a shop in Seoul Korea and can get you ANY OEM part for a good price.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic