icon

Q-Form Kicks?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2004 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  

I had a customer ask me about them. Obviously since I dont sell them I said I did not know what thequality was like or how well the fit. I just said that I was more than capable of making a custom set for his vehicle that will match up with his speakers ....... yada yada yada. Anyways I was just wondering if anyone had ever used these things and if they were any good. I have used there custom enclosures before in a neon and they seemed to work ok for a lower end sub but I was looking at there kicks and they seemed to look solid but kinda big......... comments?

double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
samohtm 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2004 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  

I recently bought some for a 2000 accord coupe. After they arrived I put two layers of peel & seal on the back side as well as inserted a 1/2" thick mdf ring to where the driver would be placed. I could shure tell a difference in the weight and how they sounded when I tapped on them after the modafications. I installed a set of Diamond S400s in the kicks and the 6.5 midbass in the doors that have several layers of peel & seal on them.

I think they sound okay for the 120$ I paid for them, the local guy wanted $400 for custom kicks, ouch. The color was a dead match as my interior and they do not seam to get in the way of my foot room.

Hope this helps out a little.

Mike

Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2004 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  
you could even put a layer or two of glass in the back of them to stiffen them, , , or reproduce them, hehehe
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic