icon

The Best Component System!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pumara_iep 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2004 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
yea easy for you to say, I dont know any stores that carry these speakers. Only way is to purchase them, sell it, buy different one, sell that, etc. The Best Component System! - Page 2 -- posted image.
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2004 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged  
MMM, best component set iv ever heard would have to be the Alpine  F#1 status SPX-Z18T 3 way component set.  Last set i sold and installed was $5000 in a mercedes for the biggest drug dealer in northern ontario.  he spent $40 000 on just alpine F#1 status speakers/amp/deck.   We did not have to even think about a sub in that car, with the 7" woofers and the 4" midranges the spectrum was completely covered down to the 40hz mark clearly.  Scanspeak home audio tweeters all around ( included in the F#1 Status kit) provide some of the loudest clearest high's iv ever heard, iv never heard another car audio tweeter even compare to those.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2004 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  

Are the 4" drivers in the Alpine set the SCAN SPEAK 12M/4631G00 4-1/2" REVELATOR MIDRANGE set?

Any differences from the raw pair from partsexpress?

New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
Asmodeus 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2004 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged  

I am running a full Memphis M Class car audio system..

I am using Memphis M Class 6.5 Multi-Sync Components in the Front and rear but I have modified the crossover in the rear to muffle the highs so not to overpower the High range.

The response from the Mid-Driver is great when Amplified and the Aluminum Dome tweeter produces incredible highs...

I have one Memphis M Class 12" 4ohm DVC in sealed Enclosure

I am powering the whole system with a Memphis M Class 600D 5 Channel (Baby Belle) It produces the perfect amount of power for all the components in my system..

I also have a 1 Farad Cap.

I have won many awards with this set up it sounds great..I highly recomend Memphis to anyone they make a realy good product.

The Best Component System! - Page 2 -- posted image.
Making the World A Louder Place
mobile E 
Copper - Posts: 217
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2004 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  

lets not forget diamond hex's???

And the new Re audio xxx comps...

everything stolen :(
Workin on a new system :)
The Best Component System! - Page 2 -- posted image.
Peace in the middle east
Alpine Guy 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2004 at 10:11 AM / IP Logged  
kfr01 wrote:

Are the 4" drivers in the Alpine set the SCAN SPEAK 12M/4631G00 4-1/2" REVELATOR MIDRANGE set?

Any differences from the raw pair from partsexpress?

Alpine and Scan speak worked together and started with that speaker, then put unlimited R&D into designing the alpine woofer.  To the naked eye, the only resemblances are the cone and surround.  Almost everything was modified from the original scanspeak design.  I was thinking about useing those scanspeak woofer in my truck, since they would look like the F#1 status from the front, but in my mind it would eat away at me, haha

2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2004 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  

What did they improve / change from the raw Revelator pair?

New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
12-volt_guy 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2004 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  
pumara_iep wrote:
Price range doesn't matter. I just want to hear some opinions.

I've always been a fan of DynAudio.
Alpine Guy 
Posted: September 10, 2004 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  
kfr01 wrote:

What did they improve / change from the raw Revelator pair?

I can't remember what exact changes there were, it was 2 years ago i learned about this from the alpine rep.  i was drooling more than i was paying attention to what he was saying.

From a cosmetic point of view them got new baskets, magnets, spyder's, and terminals, as for the internals that what i can't remember to much of.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic