icon

2004 Kia Sedona, DEI Valet 554R

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mob.dynam.grad 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2004 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged  
Y esterday i finally got around to installing the DEI Valet 554R into my friends 2004 Kia Sedona.  It went great...there are just 2 snags....i'm a little unsure of how to connect the door locks....they are reverse polarity.  So anyone with any hints on how to do that...that would be great.  Also...the check engine light is on.  Van still runs the same and operates the same...just a check engine light is on and i dont want it to be.  Anyone encounter this before??
DanDan 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2004 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  
Door locks are negative pulse and if your 554r has reversing outputs must use a diode to isolate the positive pulse or you may damage the vehicles module in the vehicle. The engine light was probably caused by you. You may not have powered up all the ignition wires or tapped into the wrong wires. That vehicle is super easy to do.
DanDan
mob.dynam.grad 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2004 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  

I was just a little confused about the one wiring info i got.  It said that the lck and unlock motors were 5wi.  And in my thinking....five wire....reverse polarity door lock wiring.  so i'm still a bit confused on what to believe.  the wiring that i got is....

http://www.directechs.com/directwire/wire_body.asp?action=select&yr=5574&product=Remote%20Start

The engine light went off by the way. 

Door lock clarification??

DanDan 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2004 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  
Door locks are negative, as stated on the Dei's data. Read the power lock and power unlock colors and do as I stated. It's an easy two wire hook up, not five wire.
DanDan

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic