2 12'' sub but 2 diff amps?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mrdragon 
Copper - Posts: 121
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2004 at 7:10 AM / IP Logged  
Hi guys,
I want to built 2 ported sub 1.75cu each, but my problems is i got 2 amp but they r not the same...diff model and diff make. So guys what do u think i should do????
Cheers :)
fuseblower 
Silver - Posts: 403
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2004 at 7:12 AM / IP Logged  

It depends on what you are trying to acheive.  You can use one to power your subs the the other to power your other speakers if both are not class D amps.  You can sell both and buy one nice sub amp or you can just take your pick and use the best amp for your subs and sell the other.

Too many options.

mrdragon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2004 at 7:17 AM / IP Logged  
Would u recommend this...
1 12" with 1st amp
1 12" with 2rd amp
Will that work???
/r7 
Silver - Posts: 340
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2004 at 7:59 AM / IP Logged  
the only hassle i see is matching both amps to the subs, so that they actually come out sounding the same.
selling the amps and buying 1 class D amp would give you more for your money.
but this way you have a few options to work with.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 10, 2004 at 8:10 AM / IP Logged  

I know from your other posts that you are trying to work with what you got...so I don't see why not use them both.  As long as each one will output the right amount of power to each sub.  Use a digital multimeter and set the voltage out to the same value on each one.  Each sub would then receive the same power.  Make sure they each also get the same input signal...or you can use left input with one and right with the other.

This is with the assumption that the two subs are identical?

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
mrdragon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2004 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  
Hi Stevdatr, can you show me step by step how to use a digital multimeter to set the voltage for the sub???
Sorry i am new to car stereo.
stevdart 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 10, 2004 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, give up the ohm rating of each sub, and the power output at that ohm load for each amp.  So I can figure out what the voltage should be.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
12-volt_guy 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2004 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  
Doesn't much matter if all he wants to do is match the output.  Just send a steady test tone through each one and set the output voltages the same.  No?
stevdart 
Posted: September 10, 2004 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  
No, I don't want the chap clipping his amps.  What does he do, come up with a random number?
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2004 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  
don't even think about it unless your box has 2 separate chambers separateing the subs, , , otherwise, , follow what others are instructing you to do.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic