icon

2001 accord keyless aftermarket

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ant@unigoal 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2004 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  
My Girl just got a honda and she had a black widow Alarm put in and she would like Keyless entry. I had someone else put the alarm in (even though I do have exp but didn't want to mess with it since it is newer). She has the model that has keyless entry (green light on dash) but this is not connected. This car is a 2nd owner and when I pulled the drivers side kickpanel down I saw a DLR kit with relays in it and some wires that look like they run over to the passenger side of the car. I would like to use these exsiting wires if they are good. But I do not want to mess up any circuits or anything else. I have instlaled alarms but the newer cars scare the hell out of me with the airbags and stuff. I see that the Door lock triggers are (-) blue/blk and orange and they are on a green connector on the passenger kickpanel. I think her car is a 2001 model and just wanted to confirm this and see if anyone had any other input on this. Sorry for making a story out of this but I want it done right because if I mess it up I'll have to hear about it.
raydawg357 
Silver - Posts: 769
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2004 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  
Power Lock BLACK/ blue  -  passenger side fuse box
Notes: in a green 20 pin connector.
Use BLACK/ white for lock and GREEN/ red for unlock on LX models without factory security. These wires are located in a two pin gray connector by the front of the drivers side fuse box.
Power Unlock orange  -  passenger side fuse box
Notes: in a green 20 pin connector.
Use BLACK/ white for lock and GREEN/ red for unlock on LX models without factory security. These wires are located in a two pin gray connector by the front of the drivers side fuse box.
here's the info on that vehicle.
Do it right the first time
ant@unigoal 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2004 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged  
I cracked open pass kick panel and it was already wired. So I opened the drivers side and I found a complete brain to an alarm already there tucked behind the hood release. All the wires were cut with the exception of power, ign, ground. I do not understand why the tech at Fry's left the other aftermarket alarm in the car when installing the new alarm. I do not think my girl got remotes from the old alarm, so she had the other installed. Anyways I pulled the DLR out and installed the black widow relay (red,grn,blue) wires to where the old alarm went to and it works fine. I appreciate the responses I got I did read them even though I didn't reply until today. Can anyone tell me why an exp tech would leave a dead brain in the car still wired hot? Makes no sense to me but i did go back and got into his azz and his managers azz and they refunded the cost of the install. Like I stated I have exp but didn't want to mess with it because I would have to hear it if I really F'ed it up.
xtremeaudio 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2004 at 2:25 AM / IP Logged  
that the way they at fry they want to do it fast to get paid they don't get paid to remove old alarm any way and they tech get paid $8.50 for hour they don't know what  they doing

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic