icon

2005 altima system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
espo24 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2004 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged  
hey all new here to the forum, wanted to ask 1 question.in my car i have the factory bose stereo(which rocks) then had 2 15 inch ample competition subs installed through a LOC, hooked up to a 1000 watt fosgate punch amp ,it really hits hard My installer told me that i should get a aftermarket HU he said it would sound better.So i bought a pioneer DEH-p6500, which has biult in eq,200 watts max power, but...according to my guy, it has only 2 volts at the output, he told me that it would be the same as my stock bose head unit and to get a better radio to hear a difference, does anybody here think it would be the same, or should i get it installed, thank you
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2004 at 11:43 PM / IP Logged  

Almost anything is better than bose, so that pioneer will definately work much better, , not that great, but better.

The headunit is one of the most important pieces since it sends/ reads/processes, and sends the signals.  Since you have subs, it would be a good choice to go with a headunit with 3 pairs of RCA pre outs, 1 set if for front , 1 set if for rear, and 1 set is a dedicated subwoofer output usually with a sub volume control.   With that you should use metra wire harness # 70-7551, it will require you to use the rca outputs on your deck to send the signals to your crappy bose amplifiers.

After all that you should, and will notice a big difference in quality over the bose headunit, ,the music will be clearer, and less muffled.   For such a fine car i would reccomend continueing the trend with great audio equipment like and Eclipse, Alpine, or Highend kenwood/pioneer units that you don't see at wally mart and such.

2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
espo24 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2004 at 11:54 PM / IP Logged  
alpine guy thank you very much for your answer, i am def putting in that pioneer in now, i thought it would be better, being that it had the sub out with the sub controls on the radio, also will this hu be alright to the factory speakers( they pretty good) or you think it will be too much power, again thanks for the reply.
espo24 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2004 at 11:57 PM / IP Logged  
thank you  very much   alpine guy, hu goin in now this week, one more question, will the factory speakers be good for a while with the factory amp, or should i wait and put in new aftermarkets and a 6 channel amp
12-volt_guy 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2004 at 1:58 PM / IP Logged  
Personally, I don't think your sound will be that much better and you may get unwanted noise because you will still be using the Bose amplifiers and speakers.  If you replace the amps and speakers also, then you may improve sound.  What difference does the radio's power matter when you won't be using it?

I don't want to damper your enthusiasm, just my opinion.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2004 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  
I caught that as well. Bose makes the amplifiers in the system. The speakers and cd player are still the same old, same old. I agree with ^^^^^^ change the speakers and amp as well, then you may get a noticeable upgrade in quality of sound. Otherwise the new cd players amplifier is going to be pretty much useless. While you may gain sub out, I can think of a much better way to gain this. Replace the LOC with the Audio Control LC6 and your sub system will come to life. Probably a cheaper option that will yield better long term results. This will also allow a future upgrade with new amps and speakers to the front and rear while retaining the factory head and then eventually replaceing the factory head.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Alpine Guy 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2004 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  

Yup you do need to change the speakers to get a dramatic change, but what i have noticed in the past was that changeing out a HU, in my case to alpines with crossovers, the quality of music was increased by a pretty good margin.  Mostly from the abilitys to block unwanted bass that should be going to your subs which in turn helps the speakers play the higher frequencies better.

Its the same for all systems, ,block bass = less stress on speakers giving them the ability to play higher frequencies better.

Man i can't think i gota get sleep, punks broke into my moms jetta last night at 2 am, i haven't slept since thursday night.

2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
espo24 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2004 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged  
thank you very much for all of your replys, will wait few weeks to upgrade interior speakers and a new multi channel amp, i think i will be fine anyway for now, these subs pound as it is with the loc, again thanks you all.
Alpine Guy 
Posted: September 11, 2004 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  
do you happen to own a camera and a flame thrower by any chance??2005 altima system -- posted image.
espo24 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2004 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  
lol alpine, i have a digi cam
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic