icon

530T- 2001 Grand Am w/ 790XV

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ILostMyShorts 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2004 at 8:21 AM / IP Logged  
Hello, I am a newbie on these forums so I must begin by saying hi. Ive looked through this site for alot of info so far. Now I have some questions of my own.
Within the next week, im going to be installing 2 DEI 530T Window modules (one for the front windows, one for the rear)on a 2001 Pontiac Grand Am with a Viper 790XV system. Here are some questions I have with this install.
*Ive noticed on this site you have wiring information for the 2000 Grand Am, are these the same for 2001? Does anybody know?
*It states the windows up/down wires on the form, but it doesnt say exactly where these wires are. Are they in the door panels? Where would they be located?
*Where exactly do I wire these onto my main system? I know they have to be in wired to a certain channel, how do I find these?
*Does anybody have any tips they can throw out at me before I start this info. Any thoughts on the 530T? Comments are appreciated.
I know these questions might sound dumb, but im trying to learn, I will be very happy if I can pull this off by myself. Thank you for your help. :)
Charles_R_H 
Copper - Posts: 122
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2004 at 8:34 AM / IP Logged  
LF Window up/dn dk. blue - gray   A  drivers door switch   
RF Window up/dn lt. blue - tan   A  drivers door switch or kick   
LR Window up/dn dk. green - pur/wht   A  drivers door switch or kick   
RR Window up/dn lt. green - purple   A  drivers door switch or kick   
electronics run off of smoke, when you let the smoke out they stop working
ILostMyShorts 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2004 at 9:39 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you charles! 530T- 2001 Grand Am w/ 790XV -- posted image.
ILostMyShorts 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2004 at 11:33 AM / IP Logged  
Ok, I have another question that involves my 508D motion sensor. When arming, my windows will automatically roll up, will this disturb the motion sensor, cause that would become annoying. I know the motion sensor turns on after 4 seconds after arming, but i dont know if that will be enough time for my windows to close.
ILostMyShorts 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2004 at 12:12 PM / IP Logged  
Also, can I install this all using my drivers door switches or do I have to run wires to all the door panels.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic