icon

Bypass kit

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
1990caddy 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2004 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  

Does anyone know if there is a way I can build my own transponder bypass kit for a 99 Jeep Cherokee, kind of the way I did with the GMs I have installed remote starts in?

Thanks, Jack

its_radio_shop 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2004 at 10:06 PM / IP Logged  

You should be able to do the old school method of wire wapping. Use a long piece of fine wire. Hold one end close to the key cylinder and wrap it several times around the cylinder (7-8 is a good start) Then with the long end still hanging there...wrap the key (you will need to sacrafice a key to go into the steering column) with 4-5 wraps as a start. Take the two ends of the wire that your left with and hook them to the normally open contacts of a relay. Connect the relay coil to +12V and the grounded output when starting on the remote start unit. What that gives you is a continuous length of wire acting as an antenna when remote starting, and the break in the wire (relay open) is enough that it will keep factory operation if someone tried to steal you car with a screwdriver (transponder shouldnt pick up signal from key)

This is how we used to do it before they made the cool modules. I hope this is what you were looking for. It may take some more/less wraps of wire, moving it around etc to get it to go. Good luck.

italnpimp59 
Silver - Posts: 427
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2004 at 10:36 AM / IP Logged  
keep in mind that doing it this way is HIGHLY not recommend due to the great error margin...just buy the DEI bypass
1990caddy 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2004 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
ok, thanks guys
xtremeaudio 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2004 at 3:00 AM / IP Logged  
IT FASTER WAY USE DEI 556U $ 19.95 OR YOU BUILD USE 18 -24  GA WIRE WRAP 5 TIME  ON IGN KEY THEN GO TO RELAY 87 AND FROM RELAY 30 WRAP ON THE KEY 5 TIME BACK ON RELAY 85 GO TO 12V AND 86 GO TO ALARM WHEN REMOTE START IS ON (87A IS NOT USE ) I HOPE THIS HELP FOR YOU

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic