icon

Viper 791XV missing parts

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
darkowy 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2004 at 5:50 AM / IP Logged  

My 791XV kit is missing "Relay Satellite ribbon harness". I would make it myself but I can't find those connectors anywhere. Where can I get either a whole harness or just two 7-pin (female) connectors? I got this kit refurbished and I plan to install it myself so no warranty option available. Any info appreciated. 

aidipf 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2004 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  
seriously, just go to an authorized dealer and see if they have any extra laying around. i know we do. trust me it's much easier, way less accident prone, and quicker.
mr. innovations
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 14, 2004 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  

order it from DEI or have a dealer close to you order one....  i cant see a dealer having one " laying around " as they only put 1 in each box and of course you need it to do the install......

i'm pretty sure you'll find it will have to be special ordered.......

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2004 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  
if youre in Houston, TX i can hook you up w/ one. i got like two of them layin around my house.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
jmr964 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2004 at 7:21 PM / IP Logged  

The refurbished 791XV unit that  I bought from ikesound.com was missing the valet switch, relay satellite (XCRS) ribbon cable and the relay satellite (XCRS) ignition harness.  Three essential cables missing in what is supposed to included with a RM unit.  I am having a lot of issues getting these cables.  I had a valet switch so that was no problem.  Here are the two I need.

Viper 791XV missing parts - Last Post -- posted image.                              Viper 791XV missing parts - Last Post -- posted image.

If you have any of these please send me a private message.  I will buy them and pay for shipping.

Thanks

Jason

profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2004 at 12:34 AM / IP Logged  
i have the thick guage harness and the relay satellite. PM me and ill hook you up.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
darkowy 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2004 at 3:53 AM / IP Logged  
jmr964 wrote:

The refurbished 791XV unit that  I bought from ikesound.com was missing the valet switch, relay satellite (XCRS) ribbon cable and the relay satellite (XCRS) ignition harness.  Three essential cables missing in what is supposed to included with a RM unit.  I am having a lot of issues getting these cables.  I had a valet switch so that was no problem.  Here are the two I need.

Viper 791XV missing parts - Last Post -- posted image.                              Viper 791XV missing parts - Last Post -- posted image.

I just went trough installation guide for this alarm kit and have discovered that I'm also missing relay satellite (XCRS) ignition harness! I got my kit from the same place as jmr964, emailed that "dealer" but received no answer. Stay away from them!

jmr964 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2004 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged  

Well after several emails and several phone calls of sorry the person you need to talk to isn't in....I finally got an email from the seller saying the parts that were left out are now on there way to me.  We shall see.

Jason

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic