91 stealth battery drain

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
skunk0526 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2004 at 8:30 AM / IP Logged  

Hey all,

Would anyone happen to have the wire colors for a 91 stealth?   I recently installed a crimestopper basic alarm in this vehicle, and now the customer is saying something is draining the battery. He keeps having to charge it every time he wants to drive. Even tried a new battery, same thing. The parking lights also stopped working. I thought i metered everything out properly. where could i have went wrong?
Good Luck with the storm, guys!
Thanks in advance,
       Ryan

2000 Honda Civic 4DR
Alpine 7892 HU
PPI A404.4 [HP] w/.5F Cap.
PPI A600.2 [LP] w/1F Cap.
Infinity Kappa 3-way 6.5"
Infinity Kappa 6x9
Infinity Kappa 4OHM DVC
VT Slot Port Box
Dynamat rules
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2004 at 9:07 AM / IP Logged  
|       ITEM      |     WIRE COLOR     |POL|       WIRE LOCATION        |
|              12V|black or white      |+ |ignition harness            |
|          STARTER|BLACK / YELLOW        |+ |ignition harness            |
|        IGNITION|BLACK/ white        |+ |ignition harness            |
|       POWER LOCK|brn/blu or brn/wht |- |high on firewall by DKP     |
|     POWER UNLOCK|brown or brn/blu    |- |high on firewall by DKP     |
| PARKING LIGHTS +|GREEN / WHITE        |   |white molex left kick       |
| PARKING LIGHTS -|green or grn/blk    |   |left of column              |
|       HEADLIGHTS|RED / yellow *2       |- |left of column              |
|     DOOR TRIGGER|RED / GREEN/ sil dots |- |left of column              |
| TRUNK/HATCH PIN|RED / green *1        |- |sw. or light in trunk       |
|        HOOD PIN|blue/black          |- |ETACS mod. under dash *5    |
|FCTRY ALRM DISARM|lt. green *3        |- |ETACS mod. under dash *5    |
Notes:
*1 Also blue/white at ETACS if car has anti-theft. *2 Must power the negative park light wire to get the headlights to work. For pop-up, interrupt blue/red wire at pop-up switch and connect switch side to blue / YELLOW at pop-up switch to raise lights. *3 Must be relay isolated from the door key cylinder. *4 Also found at ECM behind center console. On SOHC models can also use WHITE/ black at the ignition coil for tach. *5 The ETACS module is located left of the steering column close to the drivers kick. It is flat with its edges facing up, down, front, and back, with its two plugs on the bottom edge.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
its_radio_shop 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2004 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  

A common mistake that causes battery drain is the starter disable. Make sure the starter kill output is connected to a relay and that the other side of the relay coil does not go to a constant +12v source. If it does this will cause the relay to be energized at all times when alarm is armed causing about a quarter amp draw. Instead connect the coil of the relay to a +12v source in the crank or crank/run position only.  Check that and post what you find. Good luck.

skunk0526 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2004 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  
thanks guys,
     There is no startrer kill, so that is obviosly not it. It's just a rem starter w/ no relays or sec. features. i retraced all the wires and they seem fine,
Ok heres what happens, the starter engages and tries to start the car , but it will not turn over, The battery does hold enough of a charge for it to keep turning over. As far as the parking lights, they will only turn on if the key is in , even without the rem starter. So that is on the correct wire, But it does say (+) parking light out  to be grounded, and it is not connected. The (-) is wired to green white as it should. I didn't hook it up fearing damage to the unit.
I do however thing the tach wire is in the wrong spot. it is connected to a TAN/White wire. Am i on the wrong wire?
Or am i not at the coil at all? Can someone give me the general vicinity where it is?
 The Design tech book i have says either WHITE/ black or black for the tach. Can i check for AC voltage without the car actually running? 
He needs the car by 6 today EST, and i'm starting to think ther is something wrong with his car. Reason being-The starter is trying to do its job, correct? even with the unit disconnected it will turn over, but no start.
HELP!91 stealth battery drain - Last Post -- posted image.
2000 Honda Civic 4DR
Alpine 7892 HU
PPI A404.4 [HP] w/.5F Cap.
PPI A600.2 [LP] w/1F Cap.
Infinity Kappa 3-way 6.5"
Infinity Kappa 6x9
Infinity Kappa 4OHM DVC
VT Slot Port Box
Dynamat rules
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2004 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  
just a thought---alternator? take it to advanced auto or o'reilly's. they do free tests for the battery and alternator. also, you can try disconnecting the +12v source for the alarm for a couple days and see if the problem persists.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic