icon

minidisc decks?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cache 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2004 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  
What is the best MiniDisc deck out there. Or maybe i should ask, what are the other ones besides the Sony one.
thapimpfromchi 
Silver - Posts: 616
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2004 at 11:28 PM / IP Logged  

dont know. can i ask you why you want one?

1990 Honda Civic HB:
Clarion DXZ545MP H.U.
2- 6.5" Power Acoustik interiors
Diamond Audio 600.1 amp
Diamond Audio 15" M6MKII
Pyramid PB881X 4 CH. Amp
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2004 at 8:23 AM / IP Logged  
Nakamichi MD95z (but it's not available as a US model.)  MD never really caught on and therefor not many people make one.  Clarion used to make a good one that might still be available in the used market.  Pioneer and Sanyo made one as well.  And of course Sony still makes MD gear since they invernted the technology (along with Phillips in the Netherlands) and Sony gets royalties anytime any MD gear or blank disks are sold.
Support the12volt.com
cache 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2004 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  
So does anyone know where I can get a minidisc deck besides crutchfeild?
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2004 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged  
Kenwood currently makes one as does sony and pioneer. Pioneer and Kenwood dont list them in their catalogues but can be special ordered by any store that has clearance to their full line up. Check with Independant stores and they will be able to get one for you. Aiwa makes a md deck (they are a secondary company owned by sony), I dont know if panasonic still makes theirs, as well as almost everyone makes one thats avalible in Japan, as mini disc caught on huge over there. So if you find an importer you can get one from there and they have some really cool ones. One of the guys I work with bought a sony double din that is a 3 md changer and Cd player all in one. Very very cool.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2004 at 8:16 AM / IP Logged  
Just remember that head units designed to work in Japan will not receive FM radio broadcasts in North America.
Support the12volt.com
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2004 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  
Oh ya, I forgot to mention that, sorry. I never listen to radio in my car so I kinda forget to mention stuff like that.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
cache 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2004 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  
so which one of those brands is the best quality and is coolest, yet still has a radio that works in the US.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic