icon

Planning out a new system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ilvwhtgrls 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2004 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  

Hey whats up fellas, I'm looking to plan out a new system for my 04 Tacoma Prerunner. 

This is what I was thinking

Premier Deh-940   - Took out of old system

Dynaudio 3 way components  7in woofer in the doors,  4in midrange and tweeter in kicks

I'm probably going to use one 12.  I'm leaning towards a w6v2 because I'm had good luck with jl subs, however, I'm open to trying something else.

Phoenix Gold 400.4  The amp will be bridged and will push 200watts to each set of components.

Phoenix Gold 600.1

Any thoughts?? I might use JL amps, 300.4 and 5001 but I'm pretty open to suggestions on speakers and subs.  I've been looking into the MB Quart Premium 3 way system (6.5 woofer, 4in and tweet.)

LMK Guys thanks

Tony

Eye am so re todd did.
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2004 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  

Tony,

It sounds like you have a great starting point.  It is obvious you're going for SQ.  My comments:

*I've always wanted to try listen to some Dyn drivers, but never have.  It seems like a great set.

*I'd throw either the Adire Brahma or Shiva 12" drivers into your pool of possible subwoofers.  They seem to be doing great things over there at Adire.
*Do you have the amps already?  I haven't heard of many folks picking PG lately.  Somewhere I heard their quality has been slipping lately and their failure rates has been a tad high.  Could have just been forum babble though.  Either way, PG isn't in the list of companies I usually think people match some rather expensive 3 way sets to.  I'd take a look at Memphis, JL, Diamond, Zapco, Audison, Xtant, Eclipse, and other amps known for high quality sound.
*I like my PCE 6.5 and tweeter.  The quart tweeter is fantastic in my book, but I prefer the crisp sound of metal tweeters.  The midbass leaves a little to be desired, but is excellent at this price point.  It beat similarly priced from diamond, memphis, and JL when I was listening to buy.  Having said that, the dyn is probably the better set - but more expensive.

What are your thoughts?  Have you demoed either set?

New Project: 2003 Pathfinder

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic