icon

clifford alarm/remote start not working

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
astro88 
Copper - Posts: 195
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2004 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged  

Wow theres alota wires under there, The model of the unit is ARROW II .

I flicked the toggle switch with the key on as suggested earlier and BINGO the led went off and i was able to arm the alarm and that now works fine.

Also soon found out that the alarm arms itself after about 1 minute, Still no luck with the autostart though.

I think i may take it to a shop, I really dont want to mess things up

jmr964 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2004 at 12:53 PM / IP Logged  
astro88 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2004 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  

Thats awsome, Thanx Jasonclifford alarm/remote start not working - Page 2 -- posted image.

No mention of remote start in that manual at all???? maybye this dosent even have remote start?

flynntech 
Copper - Posts: 275
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2004 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged  

This sound pretty simple to me, you have no voltage on your starter solenoid terminal, which is why the car WILL start when you jump the high current post to the solenoid.

(the solenoid on a starter is like the remote lead on a car amplifier, the power is already there, it just needs 'permission' from ignition switch.

The ignition switch, by the way, does not send voltage directly to the starter. It goes to a relay, not from the alarm, it the factory starter relay.

When troubleshooting something like this, go backwards...you know there is no power at the starter solenoid, check the starter relay. If this is good, the alarm starter kill relay is bad or the alarm itself. My money is on a bad install or installer using a cheap relay that has burned out. Check out the relay section for a moment to see what we're talking about.

jimmeezgolfvr6 
Silver - Posts: 258
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2004 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  
a clifford arrow 2 should only be an alarm without any remote starting abilities on its own. that means that there must be an additional remote starter module close by. again, try to clear out as much as possible all the wires at the ignition harness leading from the key cylinder. reconnect anything that's been cut (because that's how starter kills work), and you should be able to start the car with the key again. i have a feeling that flynntech as pointed out the likely source of your problem.
good luck!
all problems can be resolved with a hammer
astro88 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2004 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged  

Ok on the clifford remote, the button on the left arms disarms the alarm the button on the right seems to be the remote start.

When i press this button the seems to be trying to start, the accesseries come on,radio,dash lights...

The car is equipped with the gm passkey anti theft system and it says in the owners manual that when trying to start with wrong key that the fuel and ignition will not work for three minutes,seems to be thats whats happening.

I know the previous owner blamed it on the key and went to gm and bought a new key with no luck of fixing the problem.

How do i check the starter relay, and were would i find it?

astro88 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2004 at 8:48 AM / IP Logged  

Ok heres the latest, I tried the remote start and no start.

Then waited 3-5 minutes and it started with key no problem. Then i put the key in the ignition in on position and hit the remote, voila! started right up.Shut it off and tried again without key in and no go.

Now today it works fine with no key in the ignition,?

Thanx for all the assistance, signed the confused guy?clifford alarm/remote start not working - Page 2 -- posted image.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic