icon

battery terminal

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chadmiha 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2004 at 12:44 AM / IP Logged  
I need some help puting my Stinger battery terminal on my battery post. The positive post is now occupied with all the stock wiring. What is the easiest/best way to put on the terminal? PLease help, last step in install....
NHxj4x4 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2004 at 12:45 AM / IP Logged  
what kinda problem are you haveing? getting the stock wiring on the stinger, or what? elborate!
chadmiha 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2004 at 12:48 AM / IP Logged  
I'm looking for a way to keep the stock wiring intact while hooking up the new terminal... by the way I have a 2002 Altima...thanks for the fast reply
NHxj4x4 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2004 at 12:53 AM / IP Logged  

chadmiha wrote:
I'm looking for a way to keep the stock wiring intact while hooking up the new terminal... by the way I have a 2002 Altima...thanks for the fast reply

Cut the main wires (stock) from the stock altima terminal, put them on the stinger. What kinda Stinger did you get (model #) and what are you hooking up to it minus the stock wiring.

chadmiha 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2004 at 1:02 AM / IP Logged  
The Stunger HPM series SBTRPPT. I'm only hooking up a single 0 awg. The stock wiring has what appears to be a fuse box attached to it. Is it ok to just cut all the stock wires put them on a ring term. and connect to the Stinger? Do I need the fuse box thing?
NHxj4x4 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2004 at 1:12 AM / IP Logged  

hum....damn good question. I have no idea. Are you sure that it is a fuse and not just some plastic cover, can you see it in any of these pics? http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/193355/2

That is the same terminal that I have BTW, nice choice.

chadmiha 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2004 at 1:18 AM / IP Logged  
No, it's not a plastic cover. It is def. a fuse of some sort....what should I do??? take it to a shop?
NHxj4x4 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2004 at 1:23 AM / IP Logged  
you can't cut the wire, but leave the fuse and hook it up that way? You may need to get another inline fuse (like the one for your power wire) and add some wire to the stocker, and keep a fuse, sucks man, sorry. I had to do that on my MX-6, not the fuse part, but adding more wire, mine was too damn short after I cut it to reach the terminal. Does the fuse say anything about it's rating?
NHxj4x4 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2004 at 1:24 AM / IP Logged  
Also for now you could ring terminal the 0 gauge and hook it up to the stock terminal, just to get you by, then call Nissan in the morning
chadmiha 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2004 at 1:29 AM / IP Logged  
This sucks, I put everything in myself, ran all the damn wires and now I'm going to have to take it to a shop just to put on the battery terminal. Any ideas on the cost of this??
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic