icon

2004 silverado easy door trigger

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Xmc Sam 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2004 at 12:57 AM / IP Logged  

we just installed a security system on a 2004 chevy 1500 silverado today and I noticed that most wire diagrams show two colors at the BCM. Well for some reason this truck didnt match the tech sheets. None of the many tech sheets i used. In some of the tech sheets it mentioned that i had to go into the driver and passenger doors, so i opted to use an interface module for door locks and door trigger like i have used before on 2003's. i used the one from DEI that is supposed to do both and is specially made for this truck. Well I got the door locks to work but the door trigger didnt. Alarm would not trigger when door was opened. So I found the door trigger wire in a location not mentioned in any tech sheet i've seen.

It is gray/black (positive trigger) in a brown plug at the fuse box above the parking brake. You must remove the black cover first to access the brown plug. There is two gray/black wires, one for the dome light and the other for the two map lights in front. worked fine. This truck had the two front doors and two rear doors that will open only when the front doors are opened first. Dont know if this will work for the full four door model. We will be doing one tomorrow, i will verify. I think it should since i traced these gray/black wires all the way up to the dome lamp itself.

Has anyone done this or encountered this problem?

rknj01 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2004 at 1:42 AM / IP Logged  
why not just use dome supervision and not door triggers?
Xmc Sam 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2004 at 1:45 AM / IP Logged  

well because the tech sheets I have used dont match up to what they say on this 04 truck

xtremeaudio 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2004 at 3:00 AM / IP Logged  
you use dome light how about domelight delay you have to wait instill the light go off and you can arm alarm it take 45 sec if you arm before that you will hear a chip on
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 18, 2004 at 1:39 PM / IP Logged  
no you dont... the 456G module holds back the domelight circuit ( door trigger circuit ) so you can arm the alarm right away and it wont see a load on that circuit for about 60 seconds....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
wchavez 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2004 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  
The 455/456g uses a positive dome input grey/black that's easiest to access through the grey foam harness behind the driver side fusebox cover that goes into the ceiling. The data module basically disconnects dt when you lock until 5 seconds after the input is gone (dome shuts off) on all the newest dei pieces like viper 560 791 etc, you now can go directly to the dome bypassing the 455/456 because now they shunt door trigger when you initiate and shut down remote start. Basically the disconnect software that was in the 455/456 is now built into the brain to be more flexible. The problem is the dome can be bypasses by the button next to the headlight switch that's why the true dt's are listed which the front dt's are in each door at the module (window switch) and the rear dt's are at the bcm purple plug which faces straight down while all others face the front seat. This purple plug controls rear door functions so on a standard or extra cab this plug is not present while on crewcabs and suv's the plug is there.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic