icon

new 12 sub suggestion

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
munchichee 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2004 at 1:18 AM / IP Logged  
Alright I'll be installing a system in a 94' BMW 540i since this idiot got his previous car repo'd that I spent many hours working on...and now I'm in charge of selecting new everything. Glad I didn't dynamat that bastard yet!
I was deciding between 2 of RE's XXX or SX series, the IDMAX12 D4's, or the brahmas. I've been away from installing for a bit so I havent actually heard any of these except for the older image dynamics which I liked a lot. I love the JLW6's but everyone and their mom has that setup now.
Any feedback on these from experience would be great!
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 19, 2004 at 1:08 PM / IP Logged  

Well the IDMax will be the most efficient, but require the largest enclosure (IIRC).  The XXX has the best power handling and the most linear excursion.  The Brahma will require the smallest enclosure and should have the best SQ.  I would say application would determine which is the best choice for you.  They are all great subs.

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

munchichee 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2004 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah space isn't much of an issue in this trunk, but I wanted to stick with a sealed enclosure and everyone seems to think that a sealed box won't justify what the brahma can do.
I dunno Steven, you would be the man to ask. Is it worth spending $$$ on brahmas to put them in a sealed setup? I'm not trying for an spl record, but would different subs be more applicable? Is a brahma 12" more $ than the IDMAX?
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 19, 2004 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  

The Brahma works great in sealed enclosures.  That's how I'lve always ran mine.  And it should still get you the output you are looking for. 

I know that the Max and Brahma retail for about the same price.  The shop I used to work at was a dealer for both companies.  My opinion on the two subs even before I started working at Adire is that the Max is a little over priced for the performance compared to the Brahma.  This is because the Brahma can beat it in pretty much every way.  The only advantage I see that the Max has is efficiency.  But with the price of power that usually isn't an issue.

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic