icon

Adire Audio

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
supersi99 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2004 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  

Hey whats up  I was wondering everyone opions on the setup i was considering putting in my 04 Caddy EXT. First off I am looking for a good SQ setup and to keep it stock looking for the most part. I will be using a PAC audio interface to hook up the diffrent amps to the stock head unit. Now for the speakers I was looking at the Koda 6.1 Comp. for the front doors Koda 6 mid woofers for the rear doors and a Brahma 10 sub. I will be making a custom enclosure under the rear seat to house the sub and the amp. Now what are some recomandations on  good amp or amps for this setup? Also any other thoughts on diffrent setups possibly for what I am looking for. I may add 2 10 sub when i decide on what sub I will be using to see if I have the space under the seat. thanks

Scott

Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 19, 2004 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  

Remember that the Brahma 10 is a very deep sub at 6.875".  Are you sure you can fit it under the seat, and still have at least 3/4" of rearward clearance behind the sub?  If not, you might want to step down to the Koda 10.  It won't have the output of the Brahma 10, but since it uses our XBL^2 motor, it will have the SQ.  Plus it is much more efficient if you don't have much power on tap.

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

supersi99 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2004 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks what would the amp you would recomend
mobile E 
Copper - Posts: 217
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2004 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  
check out arcaudio they have alot of high quality stuff that all runs 4 ohm, and thats what you need for a single brahama for sq..... As for power reccomendations.... Talk to steven he knows what hes talking about... nice guy too!
everything stolen :(
Workin on a new system :)
Adire Audio - Last Post -- posted image.
Peace in the middle east
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 19, 2004 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged  

Wow, thanks for the props Mobile E. Adire Audio - Last Post -- posted image.

I run an Arc amp on my Brahma, and have had good luck.  But I normally don't recomend amps.  There are just too many good ones out there.  Just find one with the power capabilities and features you need for your system at the right price.  I'll let others direct you toward their favorites.  I'm sure in the end you will be happy with the choice you make.

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic