icon

Strange problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jacksonj 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2004 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  

First off, I have an AutoPage RF-310 and it's installed in a Hyundai Elantra GLS.  I've recently added a remote trunk release to my alarm.  I bought a seloniod and that part works fine unlocking the trunk.

The weird problem is that I program my alarm and it will last for a bit, then I will go and try to use the Turnk release and hold the button down for the 3 seconds and my alarm beeps serveral times and locks my doors.  If I go into the programming and check to see what is set, it's set for the trunk release.  I then cycle through the choices and get back to the trunk release and set those settings and it works again.

I'm wondering if there is another setting that may be interferring with it.  If you got any ideas, I'd sure like to hear them.

Thanks.

jacksonj 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2004 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  

No one has any thoughts?

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 20, 2004 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged  
have you tried the knowledge base on Auto Page's website?
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
jacksonj 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2004 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for replying Kgerry.  But I actually found my own solution.  Turns out there was a factory setting that was conflicting with the trunk pop since they use the same button.  The option was "Ignition Controlled door locks"  That is why when I used the button, my doors locked.  But it's still kind of strange that it would work for a few days, then this setting would take over.

Just out of curiousity, if you happen to have the Knowledge base link, I'd sure like to view it.  I can't see from their main website which is http://www.autopageusa.com

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic