icon

2005 Crown Victoria Police Pkg Airbag Loc

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
safetyforce 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2004 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  

I have an upcoming job in which I need to install warning lights / siren,  and prisioner cage into a 2005 Ford Crown Victoria with the Police Package. I would like to know for my safety if there are locations of airbags other that the driver and passenger dash area.

Thanks

Gary Nahrstedt, Owner

Safety Force Vehicle Products

safety force vehicle products
mobilevt 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2004 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  

None as I know of, we just got our first batch last Friday.  Wouldn't the dealer or the owners manual state that?  Usually, the seats have markings that indicate that there are airbags installed.  My 2001 Expedition have them.  Locations of the ignition, horn, and netural safety has changed!

Sean - EVConcepts

Emergency Vehicle Technician
Got Freedom? Thank a vet!
john9912 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2004 at 10:45 PM / IP Logged  

Side impact air bags are optional on 2005 Ford Crown Victoria. They deploy from front door panels. I haven't seen a police vehicle with one yet but you never know. There is also now a passenger side airbag on/off light on dash. Good idea to disconnect battery when working on vehicle until you are ready for power. So far I've noticed a few changes for 2005. A real whip AM/FM antenna is mounted on rear quarter instead of antenna built into rear window glass. I've had some customers that had their AM/FM radio receiver blown out from two-way radio transmissions. Maybe this will help? Also I noticed they changed colors of wires under the dash (Again). Passenger side front end harness under the hood now goes through fender to the horn. I used to tag into horn ring there but now it looks like back to under the dash. Also does anyone know what the extra plug in the trunk is for? There is a 3 wire plug, near the antenna and power studs. It has 2 grounds and an additional 50 amp constant power. I was contemplating using it for two-way radio power. Any thoughts? Steering column is different but doesn't effect anything I've done so far (except trying to start the car...had problems with neutral safety switch already. Wouldn't start in Park. Had to switch to neutral and wiggle gear shifter. Guess that one's going back to dealer)  All main physical sizes and mounting areas seem to be the same. Lights, siren speaker brackets, prisoner partitions, etc. so far are all compatible with 2004's.

John Liguori - EVT

Major Police Supply
Kenvil, NJ

mobilevt 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2004 at 1:17 AM / IP Logged  

True,

At least, got some multiple ignition & hot sources from a 8 pin plug just a foot to the right of the ashtray under the dash.  Netural safety, I used a UPKM module and tapped into the green wire under the dash. 

Haven't seen that 3 wire plug at the back.  I might use it for minor applications like dectective, etc.  Besides that, I run all my power sources and only use ignition as a trigger for the Power Tamer w/ 70a relay.  This way, I know precisely where everything is powered from. 

Perhaps we can exchange data on what we find?  Maybe the VSS is the same?  An issue may be the pass airbag.  I know it turns on when it senses pressure on the seat.  Not a good thing for police applications where there may be equipment mounted in that area... gotta see what choices we got to disable the pass airbag.  Fuse?  Cut wire? 

Now I gotta modify the 03 harness to work with this 04 CV,...

Sean- EVConcepts

Emergency Vehicle Technician
Got Freedom? Thank a vet!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic