icon

Sharing the remote turn on?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
charlie101_1999 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2004 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
Is it ok to do this? I'm trying to use it for both my amp and antenna. car is 02 Altima w/Pioneer H.U
flynntech 
Copper - Posts: 275
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2004 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  

Most HU's have one for the anntenna and one for the remote.

remote is blue, antnenna is blue/white, but don't take my word for it. I could be wrong.

Check out 12volts cool relay section, you may need relay isolation for this setup since the anntena may pull too much current.

most people here are recomending no more than 2 amps connected directly to the remote lead. I haven't heard anything about antennas, but you can always check current with a multimeter and refer to the HU specs for remote current...it's probably around .2-.5 amps, just stay under the specified limit and you will be fine.

charlie101_1999 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2004 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks. On my HU, if I read right it says antenna or other 12 volt. something along those lines. thanks again though.
12-volt_guy 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2004 at 12:50 PM / IP Logged  
It depends on the head unit and the amplifiers used.  There was once a series of Alpine head units notorious for not being able to handle more than one amplifier.  We always had to use a relay.

To do this, get a Bosch or equivalent SPDT (Single Pole Double Throw) relay.  There are five pins and the numbers are labeled on it.  Connect pin 87 to a fused 12v+ source, pin 86 to ground, pin 85 to the head units remote wire, and then pin 30 to the amplifiers' remote terminals.  You can now add as many amps as you want without worry.

flynntech 
Copper - Posts: 275
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2004 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged  

BLUE - ANTENNA

BLUE/WHITE - REMOTE

sorry...

rknj01 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2004 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged  
alot of pioneers only have blue/white. from experience i havent had anyproblems in altimas by connecting the amp and power ant to the same wire
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged  
when Iwas running 4 amps I had to use a relay for my remote turn on to boost the turn on.   I dont think this would apply in your situation being only 2 sources
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
Many cd players over the years have only used a single wire for remote on and power antenna. While the majority of them were blue or blue / white they have also been pink, brown, orange, green and red. I would put a small .5 amp fuse on that line first and then hook it up to both the amp and the power antenna. This way if it draws too much current it will snap the fuse and not blow the cd player. If this happens then add the relay to drive the antenna and amplifier.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic