icon

Cleanest Amp Rack Ever

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thapimpfromchi 
Silver - Posts: 616
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2004 at 10:25 PM / IP Logged  
wow, that cavalier, man, i like the use of mismatched regular cycle batteries, and scrap 2x4 thrown together. its really quite amazing.
1990 Honda Civic HB:
Clarion DXZ545MP H.U.
2- 6.5" Power Acoustik interiors
Diamond Audio 600.1 amp
Diamond Audio 15" M6MKII
Pyramid PB881X 4 CH. Amp
/r7 
Silver - Posts: 340
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2004 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  
although i was being more than modest, seeing the treo link was absurd. i thought the first image ledgend posted was a DIY first install. but even if it were, i suppose a DIY cant have the satisfaction of knowing it at least works and sounds good, cus it has to look nice too -_-.
thapimpfromchi 
Silver - Posts: 616
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2004 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged  
dude, i hope to god that that treo install wasnt a pro install. cuz if it was whoever those "pro's" were, they need to be taken to a large open field and get caned and stoned to death with a large public audience. and no, i dont mean high off weed when i say stoned. haha.
1990 Honda Civic HB:
Clarion DXZ545MP H.U.
2- 6.5" Power Acoustik interiors
Diamond Audio 600.1 amp
Diamond Audio 15" M6MKII
Pyramid PB881X 4 CH. Amp
Asmodeus 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2004 at 11:25 PM / IP Logged  

If a customer brought that amp rack into my shop and he/she had done it themselves I would be impressed...At least he/she used wire hold downs to arange the wiring...Not like the bread ties and duct tape I see...

I have always been a large fan of false floors and as little wiring showing as possible my self....Grommets are tha shiznit....

Cleanest Amp Rack Ever - Page 2 -- posted image.
Making the World A Louder Place
tbirdman74 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2004 at 4:56 AM / IP Logged  

Whoever did the Cavalier, probaly did this one also.  It came into the shop like this...

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v386/tbirdman74/97%20Expedition/0567ab8f.jpg

Hopefully we can find him, and I propose the return of public hangings...

If it don't fit, Force it.
If it breaks, You needed a new one anyway!
raydawg357 
Silver - Posts: 769
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2004 at 9:39 AM / IP Logged  
I have to agree with /r7,  we all had to start somewhere.   We may be knocking this individuals best work.  The stealth installs will come with time and experience.  If it sounds good and saved him money, then good on him but on the other hand, if he paid someone, I would demand a refund.  lol.   I'm wondering if he ran the power wire through the door jam and fender weld.  (My personal favorite)
Do it right the first time
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2004 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  
If this was a professional install then I can see the point of you all ripping on it.  But more then likely it was non-professional, and i dont think it looks so bad for a non-pro.  I would need to see the rest of the car before passing judegement, but if the wires are only visible from inside the trunk, then I see no problem.  Ive seen many installs worse then that one.
MBZ oe 
Silver - Posts: 385
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2004 at 12:50 PM / IP Logged  

If that isn't a Treo pro install, then why would they put that up on the web under installations? Thats supposed to represent their work, right??  When you own a custom paint shop, you don't let your friend park his home-spray-painted hooptie out front. Right? That enclosure doesn't even look like it holds any air either. If he was 12/13 maybe that would be okay. But he has to try a lot harder. Just like anything you need some practice. But don't bring the practice work to a car show, thats all I'm saying. "KEEP TRYING DUDE"

And the dude with the MTX's needs to flip the other one back over at the "very least".

I really hope everyone will keep trying  to get pics of these crazy installs so we can all enjoy seeing themCleanest Amp Rack Ever - Page 2 -- posted image.  

boom, boom, boom boom....
MBZ oe 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2004 at 1:01 PM / IP Logged  

Does anyone know where that Treo guy lives? I just noticed he's wasting a USA2000......... I need to go pimp slap him and swap his "Player Quality" amp for a Sony P5 or the such. He doesn't deserve that quality until he stops destroying back seats to make "Two Six Pack"  style speaker walls. Or is that a crack pipe wall? Or whatever. 

Just messing around...........Cleanest Amp Rack Ever - Page 2 -- posted image.

MBZ oe 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2004 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  

It kinda looks like the owner could even unscrew and flip the logo right side up. But to mount an amp upside down like that is either retarded or "Art"

94legend wrote:

I was looking around and i would have to say this is the cleanest amp rack installation every. Not a single cord / wire to be unorganized???????/

Cleanest Amp Rack Ever - Page 2 -- posted image.

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic