icon

Police light wiring help needed

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Detour 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2004 at 2:16 AM / IP Logged  

These were off a michigan state police car, that was at the junkyard.  I'm just havin a hard time trying to figure out what wire goes for what.

Police light wiring help needed - Last Post -- posted image.

the one at the top is the one for the headlights. i know the 2 white wires connect to the headlights, the black should be ground and red is power. which leaves me wondering the other 2 wires, orange and green. anyone have an idea what the other 2 connect to?

also the rear flashers are drivin me nuts, theres red, black, white, yellow, blue, & green. anyone know which to hook these up to?

Detour 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2004 at 2:19 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry, topic should have read Caprice wiring for police lights
thundog 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2004 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged  
 Orange is your "turn on" lead, and the green is "override". Connect one of the leads that lead to the highbeam to the green, that way when you turn on your high beams they will actually work. BTW.. make damn sure you connect the ground wire FIRST. These cheap hamsar flashers are known to spontaniously combust if the ground wire breaks off or gets cut. If there is power or trigger going to it and no ground wire, it will catch on fire. Not good for the car. Hamsar flashers, while made in Canada, have been banned on most Canadian cop cars because of this. Other than that they are a very good "fast rate" solid state flasher.
Why amI doing this again??

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic