icon

BMW Issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Javelin3o4 
Copper - Posts: 239
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2004 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  

I was wondering if anyone has ran into issues were you change the factory deck and then the check light comes on with a brake failure (right brake light out) and the SRS light comming on?

I have had 2 of these so far 1 on a 95 325i. We put the aftermarket deck in and went to check it and the SRS light was on and the check light was on idicating a brake light failure. On both cars this happened to the same brake light went out. I cant remember what year or model the other was but it was different. After swapping the factory deck back in and out, we decided to unplug the factory radio with the car on and hook up the aftermarket and when we did  all the lights went out, SRS and the check light, the rear brake light started working again.  And everything is now normal.

Is there something Im missing here???

Wiseguy 
Copper - Posts: 159
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2004 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  
i have never put a aftermarket deck in a beamer but i know that most of the 95 and up vw's have the same problem but this usually can be corrected by not hooking up the blue factory amp turn on wire in the harness. i dont know if it may be related or not
Wiseguy 
Copper - Posts: 159
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2004 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  
ill try and get some more info but try this in the mean time
Clarion DXZ745MP
Kove ZX504
Kove AG1400
Kove 12" T3 Armageddon
Kove 6.5" Compaxials
WILDER 6.5" Pro-Audio Drivers
Custom Pre-amp
jimmeezgolfvr6 
Silver - Posts: 258
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2004 at 2:16 AM / IP Logged  
what you're experiencing should be pure coincidence. i've installed aftermarket h/u's into dozens (maybe even hundreds) of bmw's and vw's without encountering such problems. german cars, especially vw, audi and porsche, are infamous for burning out light bulbs at the rear of the car and inside on the dash and instrumentation. strangely enough, not so much at the front!?
btw, as for wiseguy's comments about the blue factory amp turn on wire, on many vw's that wire is actually constant +12v.
all problems can be resolved with a hammer

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic