icon

Window Roll Up/Down Module Install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dj2plates 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2004 at 11:19 PM / IP Logged  

Whats up everyone.  I was wondering if anyone can help me out.  I am trying to install a window roll up/down module.  I bought it from Commandocaralarms and the model number is DR-24.  It has the option to roll 2 windows in both directions.  I am using a Black Widow FM 7150 and it has 2 extra channels.  I wanted to have the windows roll up when armed and have another channel to roll them down.  I have a 98 Mitsubushi Eclipse and I have not idea where to start.  Where and how do I connect the wires.  Do I cut the wires at the switch.  I am really confused.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

rknj01 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2004 at 12:00 AM / IP Logged  
im not familiar with the module but with most window modules i would cut the wires at the switch. use the aux out from the BW to make the windows go down. to make them go up when armed use the ground when armed wire(orange) on the BW.
dj2plates 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2004 at 12:13 AM / IP Logged  

Ok, the widow module has 12 wires, 8 i guess to conncect to the windows, and (yellow/white) (-) down activation  and a (yellow)(-) up activation and also a red (+12v) and black (Ground). 

So what you are saying is cut the 4 wires at the switch.  That means I will have 8 loose wires.  Connect the 8 wires from the module to the propoer wire, hook up the power and ground and aux channel for down and (-) trigger for up and im set?

Teh instructions say there are 2 types of switches. 

Type (A) - The motor leads of type-A switches do not change state whne the ingnition key is turned on.  Type-A switch leads either rest ground or rest open (neither gorund or 12v+)

Type (B) - Swithc leads at ground when the ignition key is off. but rest at 12v+ with the ignition key on.

How do i know which one i have?

rknj01 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2004 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged  
do you have a meter? chances are you have type A, but just to check put a meter on the wires and have ignition on. if you get 12v you have type B. if you have 12v when you push the switch its type A(ignition must be on)
davedyer79 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2004 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged  

Your car has reversal rest at ground window circuit (type A).  The color of the wires on the switch are:

Driver:                   up-GREEN/ red             down-GREEN/ black

Passenger:          up- BROWN / yellow     down- GREEN/ YELLOW

You will cut all the wires in half, either in the door or in the kick panel if convienent.  The instructions on your window module will tell you to connect switch side and motor side.  To tell the difference, cut the appropriate wire in half and connect one lead of your meter to ground and the other lead to one side the wire you cut in half.  The SWITCH side will show 12V when the window switch is in the up position.  The other half of the cut wire will show nothing.  Follow this on all 8 connections, run those wires thru the door boot, connect power and the 2 input wires and you should be gold.  Good luck!!

davedyer79
dj2plates 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2004 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for all your help.  It is starting to make sense now.  I heard that I need to get the wires from each door , not at the main switch.  That means I will run 4 new wires into each door and connect them to the correct wires on the module.  My Black Widow has a (-500 milamp) also to disarm the stock alarm if needed.  I am not using that so can I use that wire to trigger the module instead of the starter kill?

kel789 
Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2004 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  
is this window module better than dei window module. if yes or no, why?
dj2plates 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2004 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  

I went to Tweeter today and showed them the window module and they said its pretty much the same.  The DEI does convert both windows to auto up and down.  Thats what they told me.  Dont take my word for it. 

kel789 
Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2004 at 10:38 AM / IP Logged  

thanks.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic