icon

amp in stereo and bridged

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
imaginaryharry 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2004 at 5:08 AM / IP Logged  

i have a 780 watt Pioneer amp, 2channel. Running two 10 inch dvc in paralell. I also have a 12 inch svc bridged on the same amp. The two tens combined draw a two ohm load. Would bridging the 12 inch bring the load to 1 ohm on the amp???

{Thanx in advance}

When you understand how much you DON'T understand, then you're begining to get an understanding.................UNDERSTAND??
padawan 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2004 at 11:46 PM / IP Logged  
What?
K for u to have two DVC 10s and get a 2-ohm load from them u gotta have dual 2-ohm subs wired in series/parallel right?
1st off, don't add a 12 to the mix, it'll sound stupid with the cancellation and such...2nd i dunno of any pio amps that are 1-ohm stable....3rd, to get 1-ohm, u would have to have a 2-ohm SVC 12 and wire that in parallel with the wires from the two 10s....And that would probably fry ur amp...If ur 12 is SVC 4-ohms it would give u a 1.3-ohm final load...In Series it would give a 6-ohm final load with a 4-ohm SVC 12 and 4-ohms final load with SVC 2-ohm 12...All dumb setups. Scrap the whole idea.
Tell us the pio amp model number...
PS. if u want to know the final load, with however it is u got ur subs wired...just measure the load with an ohmmeter at the amps speaker terminals.
imaginaryharry 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2004 at 3:59 AM / IP Logged  

ok thanks for the reply.  the pioneer amp is gm-x962. pretty straight forward amp. that is pushing 2 audiobahn 10's ,dvc. they're hooked up in stereo and the coils are in parallel.  I also have a polk gnx12 with a seperate 1000 watt 5 channel running the 12 , 6x9's , and 6.5's. the extra 12 bridged from the pioneer was kinda absurdly unnecessary , but curiosity overwhelmed me! it didnt sound too bad either . but I needed  to know , for sure, that the wiring setup was or wasnt going to burn up my amp.    So I  take that as a no go , huh??

When you understand how much you DON'T understand, then you're begining to get an understanding.................UNDERSTAND??
imaginaryharry 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2004 at 4:03 AM / IP Logged  

p.s.   what did you mean by cancellation , on overpowers the other and you dont hear specific tones or ? I'll try and look it up in another post though  .but info is alweays appreciated   , thanks alot!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic