icon

clifford plain view valet

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
CutlassThunder 
Copper - Posts: 68
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2004 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged  
I jsut got a Clifford Intelligaurd Millennia(used), I haven't finish installing it but after reveiwing the instructions, I started to wonder something once I install this system, if the valet code has been changed from factory how do I go about changing it or learning it...
its_radio_shop 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2004 at 12:50 PM / IP Logged  
There is no way you can change this code without knowing what the current code is. The only option you have here is having it hooked up to a computer with the cliffnet software and cable.  The only version of this software that will tell you the valet code is the installer version which you cannot buy unless you are a Clifford dealer. Head to the closest Clifford dealer and see if they can help you.
CutlassThunder 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2004 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  
can I just take the brain there? would it be worth a shot to connect it and see if the code was changed?
CutlassThunder 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2004 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  
is there a way to contact clifford about the service I'm reaciving from my local dealer:
RADIO ACTIVE CAR STEREOS INC
7295 HWY 85 STE 100A , RIVERDALE , GA 30274
FAX #7709071574 Phone # 7709964809
They don't seem very knowledgable and are very argumentive. he keeps telling me to bring the car up there but the alarm is already installed and if the valet code is not the factory preset of "2", the car will be immobilized.
Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2004 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged  
CutlassThunder wrote:
he keeps telling me to bring the car up there but the alarm is already installed and if the valet code is not the factory preset of "2", the car will be immobilized.
I think you are missing the key point. If they have the software, they may be able to help you decypher it.
If you do not have the proper cable to interface with the alarm system, even if I give you the software, you cannot do anything with it anyways.
Do you get my point??
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .
Technodude 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2004 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  
Hi, I have a copy of the cliffnet installer software, the first thing the software asks is for your valet code. If you input it incorrectly it puts you back to windows desktop.
Teken 
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2004 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  
I dont know what version of Cliffnet Pro you are using, but version 2.20 does indeed let you see the current valet code, and gives you the ability to change it.
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .
OmarR 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2004 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged  

I have bought several used AG3's off of Ebay, and it seems like ALMOST each time, the owner didnt remember or know their valet pin code. I have used the following steps on figuring out the code, so I am assuming it also works for an AG4.

1. Are the existing remotes programmed to the system already? If yes, good.

2. On an AG4, if you are already in valet mode via the remote, can you use the plain view switch to exit valet mode?

In other words:

A. Enter  Valet mode via remote

B.  Key in ignition, enter secret pin to get into programming menu

C. Either change a program menu item, or do nothing at all.

D.  Turn off ignition

E. Alarm returns to regular mode (non valet, ready to arm)

If 1 and 2 are both true, I do the following on an AG3. It sounds long and tedious, but it has worked for me:

Enter valet mode via remote

Once in valet mode, i start entering pin codes, starting at 111.

So you go 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117.

The you cannot have the digit zero on an AG3, but I know you can on an AG4, so you may have to change what  you enter and what number you start at. (it may just have to be 001, 002, 003, etc)

Now, here is the thing: In valet mode, 3 tries does NOT lock you out.

Second, see the above numbers? You and I seperate them by a comma, but an AG3 doesn't.  The alarm will take 2  back to back codes, such as 116, 117, and read them as you entering 116117 (no comma). This is because you are pressing enter between each digit, but it doesnt know where to actually seperate 2 numbers. It's all single digits to the alarm.

So it can read it as 11, 16, 116, 161, 611, 11 again, 117 or finally just 17. I think i got the entire possible combination using those 2 entries. I hope that made sense to everyone.

Keep a mental note, or even on paper, what code you are at. When the valet light goes out, you know you have just entered the correct code. It's just a matter of backing up a little, and trying to figure out whether it was the last 117, or just 17 (using my example of 116, 117 and the light going out at the end of the sequence).

IHonestly, using the above method, I have deciphered AG3 codes in UNDER half an hour. I think 2-3 mins was my quickest. It would of took the longest if someone had used 999, obviously. I have always done this first on a bench, powered by a spare battery, so I never had to worry about having a stranded car.

There is no Cliffnet for the AG3, so maybe this will help someone that is stuck in the future. It seems tedious and a little ghetto, but with no cliffnet, dei not willing to help me cuz i bought it used, and no previous owner info, I had no choice.

But if the Cliffnet Pro does indeed show you everything on an AG4, then maybe that is the easier way to go for you.

Just my 2 cents.

CutlassThunder 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2004 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  
Teken wrote:
CutlassThunder wrote:
he keeps telling me to bring the car up there but the alarm is already installed and if the valet code is not the factory preset of "2", the car will be immobilized.
I think you are missing the key point. If they have the software, they may be able to help you decypher it.
If you do not have the proper cable to interface with the alarm system, even if I give you the software, you cannot do anything with it anyways.
Do you get my point??
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .
I just got back my local clifford dealer..they have the software and cable.... but no computer...
Teken 
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2004 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  
CutlassThunder wrote:
I just got back my local clifford dealer..they have the software and cable.... but no computer...
OK, I guess I have to ask then. Why in the Blue Fawk would they have both, and no computer to hook it up? clifford plain view valet -- posted image.
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic