Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
313Speed 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2004 at 9:53 PM / IP Logged  

Can someone take a look at this link and offer some suggestions on my install:

http://mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/despeeds1.htm

Basically, I have followed the instructions to the letter.  I have power to the two amps and crossover, yet still no signal to the subs.  Alot of the Mach 460 people say this setup works, but the only thing I can think would cause me to get nothing from the subs would be a problem with the line convertor...  Any suggestions on getting this setup to work.

hurtado_roberto 
Copper - Posts: 196
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged  

Have you tried using a multimeter to find out if there's an output form the data cable connection when the stereo is on?  What I used to do to test if there was a signal coming out of an RCA cable is to connect it to a home stereo or TV with auxilary inputs to see if there was really a signal coming out.

Try taking out the eq's if you do get a signal from the line converter.

I'm not sure if you could connect a cheap speaker to the data link cable to see if sound actually comes out of it.  A DMM would be best to find out if you do have a small voltage output.

Poly Dollies
313Speed 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 2:06 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info... I've popped the eq off with the same result.  My mulit is a cheap one (the good one is fritzed).... but I can't seem to be getting any signal.   They suggested any line out... but I'm worried the issue is the convertor.  Can you tell me more about the DMM?  I haven't worked in 12v for a few years now....
hurtado_roberto 
Copper - Posts: 196
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2004 at 1:09 AM / IP Logged  

DMM stands for digital multi meter.  Usually voltages of a signal are very small and vary with the music.  Do you know were the wires from the data link come and go to?  I'm thinking that it's a speaker output going to the rear speakers.

Can you adjust the gain on your line converter?  I've installed two different types and they both had a gain adjustment. 

To test if the amps are working you could find something with an RCA output like another car or a DVD player and connect it to the amp.

It could be the way you're connecting the line converter or it may be faulty.  Was your MACH 460 amp rack working before you started?

Poly Dollies
thapimpfromchi 
Silver - Posts: 616
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2004 at 1:24 AM / IP Logged  
hey man, i dont blame u if thats not working. I looked at that site, and that was a horrific explanation and installation. You might want to try splicing into the wires that connect directly to the rear speakers. see if that works. it is possible that you have a faulty LOC, but i highly doubt it. I havent worked on a mach system, (thank god) the plain radio/cd player system was a pain in the a$$ enough. but yea, try gettin the signal directly from the speaker.
1990 Honda Civic HB:
Clarion DXZ545MP H.U.
2- 6.5" Power Acoustik interiors
Diamond Audio 600.1 amp
Diamond Audio 15" M6MKII
Pyramid PB881X 4 CH. Amp

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic