2000 chev K2500, Start and Die

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jkyliej 
Copper - Posts: 101
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 11:29 AM / IP Logged  

All,

I am installing an Rs 850-lcd on a 2000 chev K2500 (old style or classic).  When I give the command to start it does so for a brief moment and dies. I can hear the ignition come on and the fuel pump prime and I have double checked my connections.  I am energizing two ignition circuits and a HVAC circuit in the truck so I should have plenty of power where it needs to be.  I am using the tach sense wire and configuration (white wire off the coil).  I have performed the RPM sense mode twice now( this proceedure does not work the way the book says it should FYI) but no luck getting it start correctly.  The instructions read poorly and there is not a troubleshooting section.  Anyone been down this road before with this type of unit?

I installed a VIPER two way last week on my girlfriends Durango with no hiccups.  For what it is worth I think the Viper kit quality was better (larger gauge wire, more on board relays, heavy duty construction, better instructions)

Thanks.

jkj
jkyliej 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 12:39 PM / IP Logged  
Let me clarify that this remote start/alarm is an Autopage RS 850-LCD that I am trying to install. 
jkj
jkyliej 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged  

I called autopage because the websites invites anyone to do so with questions and was basically told to "beat it".  I'm not a dealer.  I can understand.  BUT THEY NEED TO STATE THAT ON THE SITE!  This is a cheeseball company and I do not recomend the garbage they produce.

I am off now.  I have a busy day of sharing my AUTOPAGE eperience with as many people as I possibly can.

jkj
Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 3:36 PM / IP Logged  
Please state clearly what vehicle make, and model, for me.
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  
I didn't see a mention of Passlock
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  
Your vehicle has Passlock II. It is a factory immobilizer system that requires you to install an interface module to allow the truck to start. There are many different interfaces available. Try your local stereo shop for one.
sparky
jkyliej 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 4:45 PM / IP Logged  

2000 Chevrolet K2500 ext cab 4x4 with 5.7 vortec and yes, I just found on the window sticker it came with pass lock. My mistake for not checking earlier.  The truck is waht they call a classic due to the fact it was the last year they manufactured the previous body style as opposed to what is currently being produced.

I don't know how this pass lock works but I can tell you the key I have for the truck does not have a bump in it and the one I had made at Wall mart works just fine. If that helps how do I get around Pass Lock? I know there are several smal gauge wires at the key switch that I probably need to wire to the RS-850-LCD but how?

Thanks

jkj
Teken 
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  
http://www.designtech-intl.com/Content/techsupport/documents/section04/note113.pdf
This will explain in detail what is involved.
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .
Teken 
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged  
http://www.directechs.com/guides/manuals/ig/accessories/N555L_7-02B.pdf
This unit is from DEI, it is a 555L which will suite your needs.
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .
Teken 
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  
http://www.bypasskit.com/Manuals/GMBP_H1S1D1_I_EN.pdf
This unit is made by Bypasskits, and also will suite your needs.
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic