icon

Video Setup ?'s

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dbdraggirl 
Copper - Posts: 75
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2004 at 9:04 AM / IP Logged  

Hey everyone!! Long time no talk! Ha.. Well, above and beyond audio.. I am now going video!!!! Yeah! lol.. I want to do a complete video setup in my 2001 Jimmy! I know that I want 2 visor screens, possibly a screen in the steering wheel, and one where my airbag sits now.. So.. 4 total screens.. possibly more if I can think of a nifty place to put them.. I can't do headrests b/c my airbag setup is going in my backseat area, so that would be really pointless..  I also want to mount my Playstation 2 underneath the passenger side of the dash..

So.. I need a opinions on quality! I know that Clarion makes a really good screen.. But, I need EVERYTHING for a video setup, including DVD player.. So Help Me!!! Please!!!

Girls can do anything guys can do!!
2~12" Kove Armageddon Z's
US Amps 2000x
US Amps 4300x (mids & highs)
US Amps X2R Crossover
Clarion DXZ745MP
2~Kove 5 1/4" KC Components
CompuStar Alarm :o)
dxav 
Silver - Posts: 314
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2004 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged  
PS2 is a nice addition to a mobile video system.
Mutliple sources require a A/V Switcher (~$80-100).
Single source, with multiple monitors needs a video amplifier (~$30).
Screens, I usually push Starvision (it's what I sell, and what I use in my car)...www.starvision.us. Great quality, excellent prices.
In your case, the PS2 would sit nice in the airbag area, a screen would probably need a little more work with the dash, as you would need to remove the passanger dash bar and the holes.
Wireless headphones are cheap (~$65 for a transmitter and 2 Pairs of headphones).
Are you going to work this into your audio system, too? What headunit do you have? Think of replacing it for a main video source.
GPS, too, or no?
I suggest powering the video system separately (similar to your amps running directly fused from your battery) from the rest of the electronics in your car.
You have a ton of options, dbdraggirl. Just make sure you know what you want, what you want to spend, how the work is going to be done, and how the system is going to be integrated.
Hope this helps, PM me if you like,
DXAV
dxav 
Silver - Posts: 314
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2004 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  
db,
Your PM box is full. Here is what I wrote:
The best place to start is from the beginning. Write down everything you would like in a video system. When I did mine, I used color coded ink to define different signals. Power, ground, video, and audio.
   A more simplistic approach would be to start with one source, and one monitor. The video out of the PS2 would obviously go to the input video of the screen. Audio is a little different, but still simple. You can buy a wireless FM Modulator ($30-50). This powered box will take the antenna wire that is in your deck on the input, and the output would go back into your Clarion deck. Then the audio signals from your PS2 would also go into the box. Then you tune your FM station to a preset value (denoted on the FM box), and your audio plays thru your speakers. You could do a separate amplified system, but it is much more work.
Don't really need the headphones. I am working on a switchable system. A switch will allow me to shut of the front screen and FM mod. The video signal would go into the monitors directly, and sound would output on the headphones. Then people in the back can play, while I listen to the CD player.
There a bunch of "BEST" brands, though each will have their own reason. Posting here should get you some good results. I use starvision as I mentioned before. The screens are top-notch, and very affordable. Others will tell you different. If money is no object, then names like Myron & Davis comes to mind. There are so many, I just can't tell you which are the best. See what other people are using. And go see them, too. It helps to look at one. If you were in Central NY, I would tell you to come check mine out. It's really the only way to pick. Look for TFT/LCD, it's the highest resolution and quality. You can try ebay, but I would stay away from there for mobile electronics.
Sorry I don't use AIM anymore, not enough time!
Glad to help here, though!
DXAV

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic