icon

amp kit brands

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hightek 
Copper - Posts: 223
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2004 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  
what are some good brands to look for when buying an amp kit. i've heard that monster cable is alright, but nothing good. ive really only heard of phoenix gold and lightning audio. any others out there?
Rushman 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2004 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  
scoshe makes a pretty good variety of kits for most set ups and price ranges. I believe Rockford also still makes thier own kits sold seperately but those are usually more expensive but worth it.
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2004 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  
Im a stinger freak myself!   www.stingerelectronics.com  www.darvex.com
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
leroy185 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2004 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  
rockford does make their own kits and they're about $40 cheaper then the same kit by monster cable. i got a 800W kit for just under $60 and ithad everything but the rca's.
Francious70 
Silver - Posts: 629
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2004 at 11:57 AM / IP Logged  
I use a Raptor amp kit. Power and ground wire are just that, wire. I use StreetWirez RCA's though.
Paul
hurtado_roberto 
Copper - Posts: 196
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2004 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  

Do you guys think it's a good idea to invest alot of money into your cables because you believe a certain brand makes better copper than others?  Don't take this in a bad way but a wire is a wire isn't it.  I've heard from alot of these post that most people don't care about the wire brand.  The last 2 installs I did were with a $30 4AWG wire kit I bought from walm mart and it turned out looking good and sounding great. 

RCA quality has more diversity of though in this community.  My fist post was one called "RCA Quality" and 36 people replied to it consisting of biginers and expers.  In the end the majority of them agreed that monster cable was the best for people who wanted to buy and not make their own RCA's. 

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=37071&KW=RCA+quality

Poly Dollies
Rushman 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2004 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  

im not so sure  I agree with Hurtado.......Ive also used the amp kits from wal-mart and the do work and can look good if installed right. Problem Ive had with the cheaper wiring kits is that they usually dont last as long before the copper startes to corrode and the RCAs are NOT shielded and pick up lots of altenator wine. Im sure we can all relate to that. The better more expensive kits use a non-corrosive copper in the power lines and thicker shielded RCA lines. Ive founf that these DO make a huge overall difference in the sound quality and longevity of the system. Remember you get what you pay for.

Francious70 
Silver - Posts: 629
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2004 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  
RCA's are really the only cable that's gonna make an audible difference. Now if you power cables are toasted, then that'll make and audible difference too. amp kit brands -- posted image.
An RCA cable is the only cable I'll pay a little more for, hence the StreetWirez.
Paul
padawan 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2004 at 6:33 PM / IP Logged  
I agree with whoever said the KnuKoncepts wiring, i try to use that whenever i can.
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2004 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  
Iv blown whell over $800 on wireing for my truck and i don't even have anything in it yet.  From experience iv learned lessons, and decided to set my system up with the most expandable options possible.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic