Posted: September 30, 2004 at 2:21 PM / IP Logged  

Subwoofer Channel Output Power:

4 ohm stereo @ 12/13.8 VDC

25/75 WRMS x 2

2 ohm stereo @ 13.8 VDC

150 WRMS x 2

4 ohm bridged @ 13.8 VDC

300 WRMS x 1

Does that mean I cant bridge this amp to run at 2 ohms?  Im not clear on how to do this but Im going to run a single JL12w6v2 with it. Ive read another recent post about  running a single dvc sub and concluded that it must be done at 2 ohms. Im planning on running this sub at 2 ohms like others suggested but Im curious as to how I can get it to run at 4 ohms...would I have to add another sub to accomplish this?
Thuan
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2004 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  
No.  The spec you posted clearly says "4 ohms bridged."  Most stereo amps cannot run below 4 ohms (safely) when bridged.
Support the12volt.com
padawan 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2004 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged  
If ur JL is a Dual 2-ohm sub u can wire in series and get 4-ohms and get the full 300W rms out of that amp...
If Dual 4-ohm, all u can do with it is get 8-ohms (series) or 2-ohm (parallel)...
If Dual 6-ohm, u can do 12-ohms (series) or 3-ohm (parallel)...
If i may, i would suggest looking into another amp, preferably a monoblock...Something that can be stable at lower loads...plus it'll be more efficient...The W6 is 400RMS but i know that sub can take a lot more, it wouldn't hurt giving 500-600rms...just my suggestion.
Thuan 
Copper - Posts: 88
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2004 at 1:33 AM / IP Logged  

I dont understand really but thanks. JL 12w6v2 is dual 4 ohm right? Im trying to find 1 amp that will be able to meet my needs. I was considering 2 seperate amps but I want to keep it looking clean. Any suggestions?

Thuan
Thuan 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2004 at 1:35 AM / IP Logged  

Another quick one...should I look into the Memphis Belle or go with 2 seperate amps? What are the advantages of a monoblock amp?

Thuan
Thuan 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2004 at 2:01 AM / IP Logged  

Alright, Im new so please bear with me here. Here's the deal...I have (4) 4" MB Quart PKC-110, (1) JL 12W6V2 and an Alpine 7998 HU. Here is the specs on the amp I am planning to use to run this system...I know its not the best out there but its going to be my first set up. Output (watts) : RMS @ 4 Ohms - 50 x 4, 200 x 1 (sub)

rms @ 2 ohms -  100 x 4, 400 x 1 (sub)

Can I get that 50 x 4 @ 4 ohms to run my MB Quarts and have the 400 rms @ 2 ohms to run my sub? Does it work that way where I can run the subwoofer at 2 ohms and have the other channels run at 4 ohms? I know these specs may seem weak but I just want some clean beats at low levels. Thanks.

Thuan
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2004 at 8:19 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, it works thaty way and you should be fine with that amp.
Support the12volt.com

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic