2003 Chevy Impala tach wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ivanca 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2004 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks so much,

Because I am new at this, so I am not really sure which one is the distribotor. It is better that there is a picture.

profuse007 wrote:
assuming its a distributive coil, so look near the distributor. wires leading to the distributor.

mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 30, 2004 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  
NO, ..........The Injectors R under Plastic Motor Cover   Just remove oil filler top and pull up on Engine cover.  The Injectors R round with 2 wires going to them.  There R 6 across the top of the engine with the Fuel lines (usually chrome) attached to them
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2004 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged  
mo12v wrote:
NO, ..........The Injectors R under Plastic Motor Cover   Just remove oil filler top and pull up on Engine cover.  The Injectors R round with 2 wires going to them.  There R 6 across the top of the engine with the Fuel lines (usually chrome) attached to them
i hope he knows how the fuel line would look like b4 locating the injectors.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
ivanca 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2004 at 12:13 AM / IP Logged  

You are right. I dont know that......

profuse007 wrote:
mo12v wrote:
i hope he knows how the fuel line would look like b4 locating the injectors.

ivanca 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2004 at 11:04 PM / IP Logged  

Here is a picture I get it on internet. It looks like my friend's car. Could you tell me which one is the injector?

2003 Chevy Impala tach wire - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

mo12v wrote:

ivanca 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2004 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  

Maybe this one looks much better as my feriend's car. It is 2000 Impala.

mo12v wrote:

NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2004 at 12:59 AM / IP Logged  
If you look in my picture you'll see the circle near the back of the engine. All the spark plug wires should be going to this module, and there should be a wire harness coming off of this module. You want the white wire at this module. Feel free to unplug the wire harness (with the car off of course) if it makes it easier to tap into the wire.
Also it looks like that blue wire I circled isn't fused.. If so, put a fuse on that before it causes any trouble.
ivanca 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2004 at 1:04 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks so much. I stay on line for your guy's answers.

My friend told me that tach wire should not work well because tach signal is not strong on GM car. Is it right?

And where is the injectors? Coudl you circle it out?

NowYaKnow wrote:
If you look in my picture you'll see the circle near the back of the engine. All the spark plug wires should be going to this module, and there should be a wire harness coming off of this module. You want the white wire at this module. Feel free to unplug the wire harness (with the car off of course) if it makes it easier to tap into the wire.
Also it looks like that blue wire I circled isn't fused.. If so, put a fuse on that before it causes any trouble.

ivanca 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2004 at 2:10 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks your guys!!

I finish it and it work well now. In Impala 2003, It is the TAN/BLACK not the WHITE wire.I tried White wire but didn't work.  Only the TAN/BALCK wire works well. See the picture below:

ivanca 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2004 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged  

I installed 3 remtoe start alarm. But I dont know what are the differents between the following tach detection ways.

I think the most common way is circle 5 rounds on Ignition coil :

Another way is directly connect to the wire who gererate volts when engine starting:

I dont understand the first way. How can it gererate volts when engine start? How much votls can it generate when engine is starting.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic