icon

Question about 5-wire actuator

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vancouverbc 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2004 at 3:48 AM / IP Logged  

I have a 5 wire actuator as part of  4-door central lock and alarm. The actuator worked when i hooked up the module to a battery in my house but does not work in car. I measured 12 volts between two of the wire but the actuator does not work. i even hooked up a 2 wire actuator to the 12 volts and nothing happened. the wires are about 12 ft long.

This describes a 5 wire lock. not sure if this is what i have. I don't see how it works.  i know 85-86 is the coil and when the coil is energized a switch pivots on 30 from 87a to 87. i don't see how polarity is changed

https://www.the12volt.com/doorlocks/page3.asp#5w

1991 240sx
alarm=model 2620.web central door locking system
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 01, 2004 at 8:27 AM / IP Logged  

[ i even hooked up a 2 wire actuator to the 12 volts and nothing happened ]

R U sure U grounded 1 side of actuator wires?  Is your battery good?

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
vancouverbc 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2004 at 3:28 PM / IP Logged  
all five wires are supposed to go to alarm  module. the battery is good. i read 12 volts continuously between two of the wires.  the other door actuators have only two wires and they are the same colour as the two wires with the continuous 12 volts at the drivers door.
1991 240sx
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 01, 2004 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  
If U purchased a Central Lock system for  a 4 door vehicle:
U should have got 2- 5 wire actuators and 2- 2 wire actuators with a Relay Module for the Lock & Unlock of these actuators.  If U hooked them up prior to Installing, U could have burnt Relay Module or even 1 or more acuators.
Hoping U didn't:
Have U got the Relay Module grounded to a good ground?  Is the Relay Module Fuse wire going to a good 12 volt source?
And do you have all of the acuators plugged in?
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
vancouverbc 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2004 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, i will check this out. I am only using an actuator on the drivers door as locking the drivers door locks passenger door.  It was working well with one actuator connected before.

I only have one 5 wire actuator. according to the alarm schematic it is hooked up to both the driver and passenger actuators . There are two additional wires for the other 2 doors. The total number wires in the harness is 7.

1991 240sx
vancouverbc 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2004 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  

I had the wires mixed up going to 5-wire actuator.  The 12 volts between the wires disappeared when they hooked up with alarm module.

I now have the led blinking 7 times and going off which is supposed to mean there was power off. and after about a minute the doors unlock with out any input. i'm going to try using a 2-wire actuator and see what happens. this will free up wires for my power windows remote.

1991 240sx
vancouverbc 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2004 at 11:19 PM / IP Logged  
It is working now. I touched the ignition wire coming from alarm module to 12v+ and it resets and works the way it should. You have to to do this when it is in the unarmed mode to reset.
1991 240sx

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic