icon

which way to face subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hammondc 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2004 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  
I am going to be building a box in my 2004 Tacoma ext Cab. The best way looks to be to build a bo over the 'hump' in the back over the floor board, right behind the console. My Q is this. Should I fire the subs 1 to each side or down? If down, how much space should be between the carpet and the sub? Will be 1/2" MDF or HDF and Fiberglass

(2) Adire Koda 8's Powered by an Alpine MRD-M301.
ice4life8269 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2004 at 7:55 AM / IP Logged  
I don't know much about Adire, but I only here good stuff about them...... how do the baskets look? If they look cool I'd say do a setup where you can see them..... maybe build two seperate enclosures but make them look like one, and have the koda's facing each other.... Good luck, don't forget to take pics!!which way to face subs - Last Post -- posted image.
hammondc 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2004 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged  
I hear these 8's POUND!!!! They are definitely heavy duty. Not really lightweight midbass. VERY well built and the surround on them is huge. I ended up builing a regular rectangle box 23X9X9. I couldn't get enough airspace on the floor so I'll put it in back where the jump seat is. I will post pics as soon as I get it covered. I went to fire 'em up last nite, but my circuit breaker is tripped and will not reset. Maybe I need to get a new one.
HottAccord 
Silver - Posts: 247
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2004 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  
I'd say try firing them one to each side, show the subs off.  I have never heard about these subs either, but 8's that pound?  I'd like to hear them now!!  which way to face subs - Last Post -- posted image.
Im a fiberglass whore!!
the1alchemist 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2004 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  
8's that pound,ever hear the soundstream 8"..
I cant tell you how many hundreds of pairs i sold that people think were 12's and 15's..
To get the best out of them,you 1 ft3 per,and tune them to 38 hz..
they end up so much better than 12's in the same space..
do it wrong and all bets are off..
oh and a subsonic is also imperative!!!
you are wasting half your power in the lower octave and a half..
I haven't looked at a tacoma that way yet,but 10's in a cube,and 8's in a cube..i will put my box against ANY 10's in too small of a box..dont believe any company that says they 'can' be put in a small box,they just raise the fs of the woofer,usually by increasing cone weight,and it allows you to get something out of it in a smaller box..
if you flip the woofers,the advantage is a couple cubic inches,add the cone of air the woofer gives you to your net..then tune the box..oh with the 8's,'breaking them in helped alot too..it usually took 3 nights of 35-80 hz hang the woofer from a string,and loop the cd,more volume every night,it doesn't take alot,as in dont even get close to knocking the vc..this lets them handle alot more power alot sooner,we all get idiots that dont understand limits,but i get 50% less blown woofers when i break them in..rest assured i charge those people i break them in for,at least 50 bucks more per woofer..
enough babbling,you can get alot more out of 8's than most people think! when the ss's were out,they were 80% of my sales..
'Stereo' Mike
The Audio CARtist,LLC
9600 Balt. Ave.
College Park,MD 20740
301-474-6260
hammondc 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2004 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  

I put them both in a box that will be about .83ft^3. Have yet to power them up though., That will come tomorrow nite. I KNOW 8's can pound. The general public is just too brainwashed to realize it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic