icon

Running my amp to highs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sone4200 
Copper - Posts: 34
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2004 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  
i know, the one i have is like 1980's maybe, made by Craig, had it installed on a factory stereo and it sounded great
S-One
1992 Buick Lesabre
Clarion Dxz945MP
2000w Wolfenhag 4 channel amp
2 12" Kicker Solo L7's
Rushman 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2004 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  
when you go to look for an EQ , make sure its whats called a Passive EQ and NOT a booster eq , big difference.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2004 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  

No doubt, throw that thing under the tire and drive over it, better yet, send it to me, I have 2.5 tons of rock in my pickup right now. (I'm putting off going home and shovelling).

An eq is either a band aid for a problem or a problem solver. If you don't know why you need one, then you do not need one.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
sone4200 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2004 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  
O.K EQ = BAD , anything else that would make my system sound better? what exactly does a capacitor do?
S-One
1992 Buick Lesabre
Clarion Dxz945MP
2 12" Kicker Solo L7's
Rushman 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2004 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  
Capacitor.........think of it as like another battery but a little different. They store Voltage and deliver it to the amps when they are in peak performance. They also help keep the amps from drawing too much current from the cars electrical system. Helps keep amps stronger.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2004 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  
Better sound = better speakers, better mounting location, proper installation and proper amplification. Better sound is also subjective, you hear different than we do. Thus listen to different speakers and go from there. My ears like MB Quart and Focal with a good basic speaker being Eclipse. Pioneer or Driftwood just doesn't cut it with me anymore. Ignore the cap, a cap is something that belongs on your head to keep you from sunburn (for the folically challenged). Add sound deadening materials to the door to help increase midbass response.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Rushman 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2004 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  
I see where we differ on the Cap and Eq thing but I do agree that good sounding music is only judged by you the owner of the car. If it sounds good and you can afford it , go for it. If you dont like what you hear , then keep looking.
sone4200 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2004 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  

I got good speakers already except for my dash speakers. So basicly after i run this amp rewire my door speakers and replace my crappy legacy dash speakers it SHOULD sound great? with all 6 speakers wired like my diagram (page 2 i think forbidden, if you didnt see it)

S-One
1992 Buick Lesabre
Clarion Dxz945MP
2 12" Kicker Solo L7's
Page of 5

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic