icon

Bazooka

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dustinova 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2004 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, before anyone starts cursing me out about this, hear me out.  I was thinking about putting an 8" Bazooka Tube behind the seat in my truck.  Space is pretty tight back there, and I think that this option would be the one that would be most space saving (as opposed to building a box for a 10" sub, and finding room to put an amp back there).  Also, I can get a brand new one on eBay for $200 (includes shipping), which comes out way cheaper than any sub-amp combo that I was looking at.  Any comments on these tubes?  It's the new model, with 200 watts rms (BTA8200).  Thanks!
heavilymedicate 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2004 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  

Sounds like a good solution for you.  I like the Bazooka tubes for compact spaces and specialty uses.  I guess your looking for a sound review?  They sound very good and can recommend them to anyone who wants to add a simple, durable, and reasonalby priced subwoofer to their car.

I would not buy form ebay unless you can confirm with Bazooka http://www.sasbazooka.com/ that the dealer is authorized.  Otherwise you will get NO warranty from them.  Try http://www.cardomain.com/item/BAZBTA8200 a authorized dealer and only 30$ more then what you quoted, they will probably beat the ebay shipping to.  Not too much to pay for peace of mind?

Chad7n7 
Silver - Posts: 408
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2004 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  

I agree with heavilymedicate, Bazooka tubes will give you a nice amount of bass and are great for trucks with compact cabs.

I would also take his advice on the warranty issues. $30 is a cheap "warranty policy", if in fact the dealer on ebay isn't an authorized dealer.

Rushman 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2004 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  
is that Bazooka tube self amplified? Just curiouse. Havent worked with those before.
boxmaker85 
Silver - Posts: 433
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2004 at 11:15 PM / IP Logged  
Tubes come both ways.  The one that dustinova's lookin for would be a sub/amp combo.  But you can get just the tube/sub by it self w/out the amp (ie. - if you're hooking up more than one sub to an amp).  These are actually a really nice alternative if you're limited on space and price.  The triangular ones are nice too.  Bigger but handle more power.  Heard 5 of them hooked up and they hit like 3 15".
Rushman 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2004 at 11:43 PM / IP Logged  
cool boxmaker. I wasnt sure about those. they come along way since the old self amplified sparko-matic bass tubes you could buy at western auto 20 years ago.  I should get out more often.....lol

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic