icon

questions about DEI 555c

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bad67bug 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2004 at 11:57 AM / IP Logged  
What do you mean by accesories powering up? I noticed when I remote start in the radio and other things dont come on.
bad67bug 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2004 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged  
So let me get the procedure straight, you put the first key in and the security light will go out, then you stick the second key in and the light will go out again and come back on with a chime. Then you wrap the first key in foil and stick it back in and put the 555c pellet next to the key. Is this correct? You must program the 555c before install or will it work after the 555c pellet is installed in the steering column?
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2004 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  
It is easier to do without the pellet mounted.... you can hold it right up there, but can be done with the pellet mounted, I think (I always program pellet first.... never tried with it mounted)
About the accessories... there are 3 or 4 on these new Dodges (kinda like old Fords.... 3.5 billion accessories and ignitions). However, there are only 3 needed for remote start, the other one is for audio only If I remember correctly.... been awhile since I cracked the service manual on the newer trucks. The radio is about the only thing that doesen't have to come on during remote start.
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
bad67bug 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2004 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  
So I went back to the installer and they said that they talked to 3 different people at tech support and they still could not get it to program. They said they spent hours trying to figure it out. They said tech support told them that the 555c doesnt work on some 03's.
Should I purchase another 555c and try to install it my self? is it alot of wiring?
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2004 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged  
There are 2 ign and 2 acc required for remote start/sentry key programming.
ign1-blue (16awg)
ign2-RED / wht (same size as ign)
acc1-green
acc2-orange
That's it that's all, will RS and program 555C no problem.
the 555c you had was brand new wasn't it? You can only program them to 1 chrysler vehicle and they're then useless for any other vehicle.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
bad67bug 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2004 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged  
as far as I know it was brand new
gus1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2004 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  
The other version of sentry key has the keyless remote built into the head of the key (Think Honda), or has an "S" stamped in the shank near the head. The key programming may be locked on the vehicle.... I have come across this only once. Quick check with the Dodge DRB3 scan tool can confirm this.
Gus
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2004 at 12:38 AM / IP Logged  
3 Possibilities here
1. Vehicle has been locked with a Dodge scan tool to prevent keys from being manually programmed. Must go to a Dodge dealer and have them turn it off...or a mechanic with a very expensive machine.
2. Shop doesn't know how to program the 555c. Correct procedure is to ground the wait to start wire on the remote start. Key 1 on for 8 seconds. Key 2 on for about 12 seconds (you'll hear a ding).   Take pellet of 555c and place about 3/4" from the key cylinder in the same position you would put a key. Remote start truck. Ignition/accessories will power on and stay on. After about 10 seconds Sentry key light will light up in the cluster. 555c is now programmed. Position pellet on side of cylinder and your are done. Remove the wait to start wire from ground...and you are good to go. I have seen a lot of installers have trouble programming this module.
3. 555C was previously coded to another vehicle. It would now be useless.
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2004 at 12:52 AM / IP Logged  
The only time programming is locked is if the vehicle was part of a fleet sale (rental car agency etc).
they're making sure then unit is set for at least a 20 second wait to start delay right? if the starter cranks then programming will not complete.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
gus1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2004 at 12:58 PM / IP Logged  
If you ground the wait to start (Vip 791XV), it will sit there indefinately until the ground is removed. Make sure the accessories are programmed to stay "on" during wait to start as well (Menu #3, feature 9).
Gus
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic