the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

What is a good amp for an Eclipse Titan.?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
DukeDuke 
Silver - Posts: 206
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2004 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  
I have recently purchased 1 Eclipse Titanium 12. I was origionaly going to have it running on a Memphis 1000D. However I have started looking into it, and remembered that the Eclipse is a dual 4. so I wouldn't be able to run the Amp at one ohm to get the 1100 watts, correct? Does anyone recommend a different amp? I want to push the sub to what it is rated at. But, I want to get a good, clean, crisp, amp that is true watts. Thanks for the help, if you could e-mail me any sort of info, if you have an amp for sale or can get amps or anything please e-mail me at CarAudiosMyLife@aol.com Thanks again!
Duke Duke
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2004 at 11:28 PM / IP Logged  
well I was going to say that you could get your one ohm load but the new memphis amps are screwy   no bridging even though it has 2 sets of terminals....something about the terminals are internally bridged...I dont know if what i head is BS or if its true I know most class d amos have one set of terminals though....if you bought this from a shop see if you cant go exchange it for the dual 2 setup
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
DukeDuke 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2004 at 12:09 AM / IP Logged  

Well, my sub is the Eclipse Titanium SW9122, which as far as I have been able to find out... is a dual 4. So, that would mean I would need to run this sub on a 3000 watt amp at one ohm, which would be 1500 at 2 ohm, which would be right at what the sub is peak is correct? or do I need a 6000 at one ohm, 3000 at 2 ohm, 1500 at 4 ohm? since it is a dual 4? I am shooting in the dark right now. I can do just about everything without a problem but I am rusty when it comes to ohms law and all the stuff. Thanks for the help. I just want to figure out what I should run my sub at to get the most out of it. I want to push it to what it is recommended at, but not half of what its peak is. Thanks!

Duke Duke
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2004 at 1:08 PM / IP Logged  
you sub handles 1500 watts peak.   you should find an amp that puts out 750-1000 RMS power at either 2 ohm for a mono amp. or 1 or 4 ohm for a 2 channel amp
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
DukeDuke 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2004 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah, that is what I am lookin for. But does anyone have any recommendations for the amp?
Duke Duke
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2004 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  
Alpine MRD-M1000 , or MRD-M1001.  JL audio 1000/1
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2004 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged  
MTX 8001, 801d, 1501d, Kicker 1200.1, 800.1, Rockford 8001, I can go all day long recomending amps to run this sub. You have the world to choose from. Go by what you have had luck with in the past and what fits your budget. And to elaborate on something previously said, there are a ton of mono block amps now that are comming with 2 sets of terminals. The are connecterd inside the amp but they arent bridged because you cannot bridge one channel into one channel. They simply do this so you can run thicker gauge wire for your drivers and not have to try to pack it all into one set of terminals.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2004 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  
I have that same woofer... that thing ROCKS! Put it in one cubic foot, net, (which means just over 1.3 ft cubed - but braced to HELL and back - 2 vertical, and two horizontal braces - all four contact front and back of the box with one pound of Acousta-Stuff. (If ya want one, PM me, and I'll send you one in kit form)) and drive it with the Eclipse DA7232 amp. Dont worry about anything else these people say - run the amp in stereo (it ain't bridgeable), one VC to each channel. I have FIRST hand experience with this combo... According to the guys at Eclipse, who I spoke to at the CES for GREAT lengths about this very setup, you will be feeding an EASY 1500 watts to that woofer, even in 4 ohm stereo mode. Don't worry, it'll take it. The tech I spoke to said they routinely run 1500 watts per voice coil to that driver at the lab. They built that amp FOR that woofer.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
DukeDuke 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2004 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
I am only running one titanium, 4000 watts is quite a bit of wattage for 1 titanium. Thanks! I am gonna look into it however. Could you send me your dimentions on that box however haemphyst? Thanks man. But this sub does hit, I am running it off a old Planet Audio POS 600/4 amp I have and it hits hard for only 300 watts. But if anyone has any other amp ideas, I don't like MTX, I think Circuit City should keep that crap. I love the crisp clean sound that Memphis, Eclipse and other top of the line brands produce. Thanks for the help!
Duke Duke
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2004 at 12:08 PM / IP Logged  
I PROMISE you, it is a good match-up! That driver will take everything that amp cam put out!... As I said, it is the VERY combination (a single SW9122 on a DA7232 amp) I have in the trunk of my '01 Civic. I'll measure the box, and get back with you...
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic