icon

i need system advice

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
number1bags 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2004 at 2:29 AM / IP Logged  

Hello and greeting from the Philippines. Im currently working on a stereo system for my car and need advice on what parts to use. The car is a japanese minivan (sidewalk car) and space is a true concern. Can anyone please recomend a good hi and mid speaker with a shallow basket design?

So far the ideas Ive thought of are as followed.

poneer cd deck, kicker 4" component system in front, and 5.25" kicker in rear with 800hz bassblockers on front and 400hz bass blockers in rear, These would run un-amped via the head unit while a 8" v-12 amplified bass tube would create the bass at the rear.  I dont really want hard hitting bass that sahakes the bartangay but rather Im interested in realistic sounds that simulate live concert.  Any suggetions will be greatly apreciated appreciated as im confused of what component system and rear- co-axles to buy.

thank you.

dirtydreams4x4 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2004 at 3:34 AM / IP Logged  

If you can, I would go listen to different brands and compare them. I have Polk/Momo components and I love them, but the Infinity sets I've heard also sounded great. I haven't heard any kicker component sets, and I really know very little about them. If you are going to buy high quality speakers to begin with, listen to several different ones, and buy the ones that sound best to you. You will be happy in the long run. Oh I almost forgot, if you aren't going to amp the speakers, dont buy a component set rated for high watts, they wont sound as good under low power.

For your sub, I would consider JLAudio, Eclipse, or something similar. These brands generally focus more on sound quality versus SPL. They have many different models suited for different applications. The JL 10w3v2 is well suited for tight spaces.  They also make powered sub enclosures that have an integrated amp, which saves quite a bit of space. Again, listen to different speakers if you can and see what sounds good to you.

www.jlaudio.com

www.eclipse-web.com

www.infinitysystems.com

number1bags 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2004 at 5:38 AM / IP Logged  

Thank you 4x4 for your respose. I however gorgot to add in my orginal post that many us brands arent available here for example here we can only buy kicker,alpine,pioneer,mbquarts, bosch audio, and fosgate. Even then many are either fake (chinese made immitations) that look real down to the packaging ect. but are of course made in a much lower quality . some are even made for the asian market for example blaupunkt makes some things in indonesia for the philippine market but once again the quality sucks. At this time Im currently running pioneer 4" co-axles in front door , pioneer 6.5" 3ways in back with a amplified bazooka bass tube. The deck is pioneer 7650. The problem is i had put the car in shop to have breakwork done before the bass blockers ever arrived anyway the guys at the shop turned the bass all the way up and the vollume also and damaged the little 4" door speakers. I was quiet angry but now ill use the opportunity to install more clear sounding speakers in front and back the bass is fine allready but highs and mids are what im lookingfor. You cant try them out here before buying as everything is on order bases instead of in available instore stock. This is why im asking you guys before ordering. Do you preffer mbquarts or kicker for highs and mids? How would they compare to the pioneers?

sincerly,  justin

boxmaker85 
Silver - Posts: 433
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2004 at 7:10 AM / IP Logged  
MB Quarts usually are very nice speakers (comparable to JL and other higer end brands).  Kicker would be my next choice, but mainly for a sub.  Check on crutchfield.com or sounddomain.com for some dealer certified selling of infinity, MTX, polk, kicker, ect.  I'm not sure about international shipping but both have some good prices.  Good luck.
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2004 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged  
Definatly go with the MB Quarts over the Kickers for speakers.   Kicker makes some good subs, but they wouldnt be my first choice for speakers.
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2004 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  
i would go with the mb quarts or the alpine's   I love the sound of alpine high's    but they do have a very deep mounting for the typr r class, the type s speakers are failry shallow
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic