icon

APS 966a Audi A4 '03 remote start problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
poz2 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2004 at 8:59 AM / IP Logged  

I have an Audiovox APS 966a installed in my '03 Audi A4.  The car is having difficulty turning over when it is being started by the remote start.  The car attempts to start 3 times, I hear the car cranking but it won't turn over.  If I drive the car somewhere and within a reasonable amount of time attempt to remote start it works fine.  The problem seems to happen when I try to start the car in the morning hours, so the car is cooled down and the temperature outside is cooler as well.  Anybody have any suggestions?

TIA

xtremeaudio 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2004 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  
check your car battery
jimmeezgolfvr6 
Silver - Posts: 258
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2004 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  
i've experienced the same on most of the audi's and vw's installing remote starters.....especially on the newer models with the 1.8t engine. since there is no traditional coil on these cars, the tach signal gives inconsistent readings, as do the fuel injector wires. i've not been able to come up with a feasible solution to date, with the exception of some remote starters having the option of being able to "smart sense" that the vehicle has started. sorry i don't have anything helpful to tell you.
all problems can be resolved with a hammer
poz2 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2004 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged  
car is only a year and a half old so I don't think its the battery.  And it starts fine with the key.  Thanks for your replies...If anyone else has any other opinions.  Thanks
wchavez 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2004 at 3:09 PM / IP Logged  
make sure you've got the blue 2nd start (cold start) wire connected, and you could try learning tach at a higher rpm if you think it's cranking at a higher rpm when cold.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic