icon

plastic fabrication

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
realitycheck 
Silver - Posts: 751
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2004 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged  
Alright guys this is my request. I am about to get a new head unit and i want to take it and mold it in so i need any links or advice you guys can give me on how to get started and ive already looked at the alpine so I dont need that one. Thanks guys for your help
CarAudioHelp 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2004 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  
Jortiz had a post a few days ago that showed a nice build up. Here's the page.
realitycheck 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2004 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged  
Cool also I thought of using fiberglass instead of plastic if I take like some gorilla glue or some other product you guys can suggest to attach the fiberglass to the back of the factory plastic will that work?
realitycheck 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2004 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  
Okay I just had another idea please tell me which one you guys think is better the previous one or this one. Take some urethane foam and shape my mold then attaching that to the factory plastic putting resin and a layer of mat on top of that and then filler,   Or attach the foam and then just put filler on top of the foam or will neither one work?  Please let me know!
jortiz 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2004 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged  
You can also check out hzemall under Misc projets. You will learn a lot from one of the best at plastic molding.
realitycheck 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2004 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah I just finished reading every project on his site. I just dont know where to get the materials hes using from. If you guys could give me a website to order all of it that would be great and i dont want to buy that plastic stuff you have to use a gun with
realitycheck 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2004 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah I just finished reading every project on his site. I just dont know where to get the materials hes using from. If you guys could give me a website to order all of it that would be great and i dont want to buy that plastic stuff you have to use a gun with. Also I dont have a place around me that sell abs plastic.
jortiz 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2004 at 5:44 PM / IP Logged  
Check hzemalls products link on his website. It shows everything he uses. The Dominion plastic Repair is hard to find. Thats why i used the 3M for my project and i didnt have to buy the gun i just mixed 50-50 of each compound myself.
audiomechanic 
Silver - Posts: 388
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2004 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  
most shops will sell you a 12 x 12 sheet of abs and most of the stuff can be purchased at an auto body supply store....ask a body shop where they buy their paint and supplies from.
realitycheck 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2004 at 8:12 AM / IP Logged  
What exactly is the 3m stuff called or even the product number so I can look it up on their website would be great.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic