Video= no turn-on lead?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rage237 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2004 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  

I am finaly jumping into video

i got a 7.2 roof mount LCD and a DVD player for my exploder, but i did not see any (switched power leads) IE ignition constant and ground is norm for audio, is there only power and ground on video systems?

the DVD is not an indash, it will be going in the center counsel somehow or maby in the mid-lower center dash, not sure yet

but do i need to use a relay or somthing to turn the video system on or off? (will i lose all my setting on the LCD and the DVD player?

BTW: my LCD is a abFox KV172 and the DVD player is a Blaupunkt DVD-ICV1 (DVD-ME1a or somthing is the closest i could find any specs to) any oppiunons would be great)

sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2004 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged  
Usually the screens only have ignition and ground. You can run a fused wire from your power source to the screen without the need for a relay. Some DVD players use a battery or memory wire and some don't. This allows for the unit to start playing the video where you left off during shut down. You won't have to start the whole movie off every time you shut off the vehicle. You shouldn't lose any settings on anything.
sparky
rage237 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2004 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged  

so then both of my power leads (both red wires from the DVD and the LCD) should goto the remote output of my deck? or ignition??

I am using the factory JBL system for a while(its 75 bux just for a wire harness adapter!!!).  i plan on piping sound thru a FM modulator untill i get a in-dash LCD /fm radio and then i will amp and custom wire everything thus elemination the entire factory JBL setup...

dxav 
Silver - Posts: 314
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2004 at 3:10 PM / IP Logged  
Put both of them to the remote of your deck. And use those fuses!
Cool, rage237, you drive an exploder.
DXAV

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic