icon

96 town & country door locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ant@unigoal 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2004 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  
I have done several alarms but I haven't done alot in the last several yrs. My little bro got one of these to run all his crumb snatchers around town and needs me to install an alarm for him. The only thing I don't have exp at is the door locks and they say
Door Lock WHITE/ dark green-BCM at fuse panel
door unlock WHITE/ dark green - white connector B58 connector 250 ohm
now this one is the one I haven't done so I'm asking for any help in how I would need to go about getting this install completed. The rest is basic and I can tackle, this is not something I have experiance at and would appreciate any help. What is the BCM and B58 and am I going to need a resistor of some sort of something else. I will be installing a prestige with the basic system. Will I need a DLR kit also for this install I do not think the Alarm has Built in relays. I haven't seen the wire diagram but I would just like a different opinion.
thanks
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 09, 2004 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  

If U take front Dash Panel off and look behind Fuse Box there R a BUNCH of plugs and the WHITE / DK.Green wire is in one plug  GREEN / WHITE connector.

There is where U hook up your resistors from your 2 SPDT Relays:

to the
WHITE/ D GREEN Wire.  
 Chassis Ground Thru A 1.5K Ohm Resistor (Lock); Chassis Ground Thru A 249 Ohm Resistor Will Unlock
Another way U can do it, is to hook your Lock / Unlock wire straight to the existing Relays on the front of the Fuse Box
Should be 3 Relays 1 for Drivers door, 1 for other doors, 1 for Unlock

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
ant@unigoal 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2004 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged  
But do I need resistors to make this work properly without burning something or can i use a DLR kit?
Dauber 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2004 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged  
Using the actual factory relays won't burn up anything, you just take the signal from the alarm and tap into the front where the relays are, you can't miss them when you listen for doorlcks when you manually trigger them.  Becuase if you think about it, all your doing is mimicking the factory system and using the factory fusing, so if anything went wrong all you would do is blow a fuse. 
Kyle@Audio Obsession Sound
premieremind 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2004 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  
Facing the relays on the fuse panel the trigger is the right slot of the relay socket for all the door locks.  Left slot is 12v, bottom slot  goes to the motors.
ant@unigoal 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2004 at 8:45 AM / IP Logged  
thanks guys I appreciate your responses and I am installing this alarm this weekend with more confidence thanks a ton.
ant
ant@unigoal 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2004 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged  
o.k. guys here's where I'm at, I found the wire but I cannot figure out if they are neg trigger or + trigger. I put my 12V tester on it and when i ground the other side of the tester or put power on the other side of the tester the door locks no longer work. when I pull the tester off the door lock and unlock work. I do not have any resistors or have any exp with resistors being installed. Now I can piggy back them and see if they work but I don't want to blow anything. I know I was told to just plug my aftermarket alarm into the existing factory keyless but I want to make sure. Let me know I'm about 30-1 hr from finishing this install up.
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 23, 2004 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged  
If U R not sure using Resistors then it would be easier if U wnet to Relays at Fuse box on Driver side
WHITE/ D GREEN Wire.  
 Chassis Ground Thru A 1.5K Ohm Resistor (Lock); Chassis Ground Thru A 249 Ohm Resistor Will Unlock
OR
hook your Lock / Unlock wire straight to the existing Relays on the front of the Fuse Box
Should be 3 Relays 1 for Drivers door, 1 for other doors, 1 for Unlock
ALSO
premieremind
Facing the relays on the fuse panel the trigger is the right slot of the relay socket for all the door locks.  Left slot is 12v, bottom slot  goes to the motors.
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic