icon

rear window rattling?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cache 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2004 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  
My subs in my 89 chevy pickup are rattling my rear window really BAD! I s there any secrets to make it stop rattling? (its one of those split sliding ones)
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 09, 2004 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  
First, get more damping installed onto the sheet metal of the cab.  You will have to gut the interior, especially the headliner.  You want to stop the metal from picking up and transferring the certain frequencies that are causing such a bad rattle.  When you get all the metal done, you'll no doubt find out that the window itself is okay.  The bass will sound a hundred times better, too.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
Rushman 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2004 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  
all I can think of is to try to put some kind of rubber wedges at the top and bottom of the sliding panels but wedge them closer together if you can. Just be aware this might also create rain leaks for you tho.. Also maybe you could Dynomat the back wall of the cab just under the window might help. Lots of Dynomat.
gcorrea 
Silver - Posts: 436
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2004 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  
i have a 1988 silverado extended cab with the same rear window being flexed by two 12 in. kickers, and the only solution i have found is to vent the window by opening it up just a bit. kind of hard to do if its winter you know.
gcorrea

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic