icon

18 dvc subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Pola_Trucos 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2004 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  
Dude there are no cons or pros, it all depends of the total impedance you want to run your amp. Explanation: Most Mono Amplifiers used to run subs are stable down to 2 Ohms so if you have two dvc subs that are 4 Ohms per coil you can either wire them to run at 4 Ohms or 1 Ohm but if you have 2 svc subs with only one 4 Ohm coil each then you can run them at 2 Ohms or 8 Ohms. Remember that the higher the resistance the less power will reach the sub and vice versa. So you will always want to run your amp at the lowest impedance posible so that way you and your amp are going to be happy. Of course there is always people that run there amps at impedances lower than factory rated but  from my expirience you should never break your amp recomended limits. That way the amp will run at top efficiency and will last a lot longer.
Dont use ten words when 5 will do fine.
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 11, 2004 at 1:07 AM / IP Logged  

Ravendarat wrote:
there is also that crazy bastard motor from adire, the pathagon or something to that effect,

Parthenon, named after the building that resides on the Acropolis in Athens Greece. 

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

supradude 
Silver - Posts: 915
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2004 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  
Hi Alpine Guy, I need a 1ohm load, so I need 2- 4ohm dvc 18" subs. I am running 15" subs now and just want 18" subs with the same ratings, since my amp is 1 ohm mono stable. Lewis
'85 Toy
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2004 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  
2 18s should be slammin. What kind of car is this in?
supradude 
Silver - Posts: 915
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2004 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
They are going in a 1985 toyota supra. I had 2 18" kicker svc 4ohm subs with an orion 2150gx ( 300 watt rms) in it once before, probably 10 years ago, and that was unbelievable back then. I want to get that sound back again, with more power this time.
'85 Toy
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2004 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  
Steven, I always get the name wrong but I will never forget seeing that picture of that motor. Its the most insane  audio product I have ever seen.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic